100 3s next year

One thing I hope White is doing is working on that corner 3 like Gorham did before last season.

With the guys we have Fabian is going to have numerous good looks in the corner and I hope he can knock them down.

I would add Chaney as an interior threat with White and Carlton.
We are going to have more versatility with guys who can score in different ways.

If our guys jell and learn to move the ball and move without the ball we will be very tough to defend.
As for running more, I see more of the same being opportunistic but having Shead with his speed on the court could help. However, a weakness of ours last season was finishing the fast breaks we did have. Adding Kyler and Taz with Mark should help some.

You do remember that everyone who watched UH basketball last year was commenting on how Sasser went from nailing threes to shooting like 20% from three for a long stretch of conference play. He started getting his stroke back during the Conference tournament. We all know he is good, what Pesik said was “consistent”. If he doesn’t have 12 game dry spells he will shoot somewhere around 40%.

1 Like

Gee Red, I am going to let you and everyone else to pick as many as you want. I just think those will be our top two but a lot of others could blow up!

I’d like to see a bunch of guys hitting a bunch of treys every night. However, we need guys to drive to the basket for buckets and to draw fouls as well. You can’t get by just shooting 3’s; remember Loyola Marymount in 1989-90. They were putting up pinball numbers all season, but in the Final Four, they weren’t dropping and they were toast.

I think we will be much better around the hoop and on fast breaks.
Marks is already good finishing and is going to get better as is Sasser. And Edwards will help also.
And don’t sell Shead short because he is really quick to the hoop.
I’m ready for the season to start!

1 Like

Kyler Edwards is at (98) 3s for the season. Two away from joining these dudes

https://mobile.twitter.com/kellenmsampson/status/1397237214908661765

5 Likes