#2 UH vs #12 Oregon State - NCAA Tournament - 3/29 @ 6:15PM CBS (W 67-61)

I wasn’t overly impressed with Oregon state. But I don’t know anything.

Absolute highlight if JN calls the game. Btw getting the earlier matchup means OSU or UH will be first team to punch their ticket to Indy

1 Like

Nantz calls the Baylor game, I didn’t see his name for our game on Monday. Sorry yall

One thing. Take care of business. Coogs will wear down oregon state. Just keep the turnovers low.

1 Like

thank goodness MSN had it listed at noon earlier today

I don’t know about that, Sampson didn’t play Mark much in the second half and we rolled.

1 Like

Hopefully they play a 2-3 zone lol

1 Like

I feel more confident that we will win against OSU than Syracuse. I thought we would handle Rutgers and look. Let’s stay humble and focused.

5 Likes

Do we know the location? Hinkle is great but way too small with the limited attendance.

Both games at the Colts stadium. Kinda odd that Nantz wouldn’t call both games but I’m sure he’ll be mentioning UH with some fervor if they’re Baylor/Arkansas’s next opponent.

1 Like

3 words: North Carolina State

They do do it

pesik quick scouting report:
oregon state doesnt have an identity on offense or defense

their defense- whatever is working… they will switch between man and zone based on results of that game… the key for their defense being good is that they are tall in ever single position group

their offense - is basically feed the hot hand-- most notable lucas (sharp shooting pg) & Thompson (physical 6’5 scorer)

my 3 big factors to this game for me are: rebounding, 3pt shooting, and foul trouble

1. we should be able to defend them, only 2 legitimate scores, and amoung them only the pg can shoot at a high level… their bigs are huge but clutsy, our post trap should neutralize them… the one major advantage they might have is foul trouble, thompson is super physical when he drives and draws a lot of fouls. Grimes or dejon will be on him, could get them in foul trouble (everyone was in foul trouble in the okstate game…oregon state had 35 fts… made 32 of them)

2. rebounding will be a huge question mark-- season wide their rebounding numbers arent good, but they have the size to be a great rebounding …have been a great at rebounding the last 3

3. theyve won games from defense … mainly the zone…it isnt some specialized zone like Syracuse, its a regular one with the normal 3pt gaps. but stifling in the post… makes 3s and thatll be done…when they switch to man the pg isnt get a great defender… the other 2 guards are tall but i wouldn’t call it shut down

make a respectable amount of 3s to bust their zone, and dont get in foul trouble and we probably win…
easier said than done especial the fouling part, a cross road of a team great at drawing fouls vs a team known for fouling …

random point is that this is a game i think, shead and tyson could see minutes. oregon state has a couple players tyson could guard without being a liability…shead could be used as a defensive body if the fouls start pilling up

12 Likes

Any chance we see Jwan and Kiyron then?

City of Houston … you’re welcome to jump on the bandwagon. Don’t miss your chance to buy a t-shirt and say you were with them all along.

11 Likes

Coogs basketball has been the only bright spot in the darkest 2 years in Houston sports history. I’m a Horn but I am a Houstonian first and foremost and rep any team that bears our name. Beat Oregon State and win the whole damn thing. I want a parade in downtown Houston.

38 Likes

https://twitter.com/HoustonTX/status/1376025007395123201?s=20

8 Likes

Even the city has to bring up the drought.

Congrats! I’m a crushed Illini fan and had bought tickets to all Elite 8 games (and accidentally bought 3 sets on one in the mad rush when they went on sale). I have four sets of 4 tickets listed for sale on TicketMaster. I am asking below what I paid. TM will charge you $20 fee per ticket and me $12. I will sell direct and you pay no fees.

Houston vs OSU: Monday Lucas Oil North (Equality)
Section 402 Row 11 Seats 6-9 :: $40/ticket = $160 total (I paid $230/ticket)
I also have Baylor vs Arkansas: Monday Lucas Oil South (Unity) - I paid $110/ticket
Section 533 Row 3N Seats 7-10 :: $40/ticket = $160 total
Section 637 Row 11 Seats 21-24 :: $30/ticket = $120 total

If interested please email me at oldgazelle2013@gmail.com - I will provide my phone number and a screenshot of my TM account listing. To execute sale, I will de-list for sale on TM, then send you a PayPal request and I will transfer you the tickets on TM. I also have
Mich vs UCLA Section 637 Row 9 Seats 11-15 :: 70/ticket = 280 total
Gonzaga vs USC Section 608 Row 5 Seats 1-4 : 50/ticket = 200 total

3 Likes

I can take losing to Baylor or Gonzaga because those two teams are extremely good and have an array of NBA talent.

Not saying we’re going to win easily vs Oregon St but I think UH will pull it out at the end.

2 Likes