2020 offers

Also, don’t discount Grimes leaving if he doesn’t get a waiver. I’d suspect he’s not going to want to sit out a year. I could see him playing overseas.

1 Like

Who really foresaw Armoni staying in the draft? Certainly not me.

Hypothetically speaking if Grimes gets the waiver:

C- Fabian White
PF- Justin Gorham
SF- Nate Hinton
SG- Caleb Mills
PG- Quentin Grimes

6th man- Dejon Jarreau

Brison Gresham
Cedrick Alley Jr.
Marcus Sasser Jr.

Situational players- Chris Harris
J’Wan Roberts

This is just my humble opinion, but I think because how much CKS values shooting and the 3pt line being moved back to international distance, I could see Mills starting. So then for me it becomes a Jarreau or Hinton discussion at the 3 spot. I think Hinton fits that spot perfectly, but I could see Jarreau starting over him because of Jarreau being an upperclassmen, even though Jarreau played excellent last year as the primary ball handler off the bench as the 6th Man last year. Exciting times, nevertheless. Go Coogs, For the City :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

I agree. Love Dejon. But he’s got miles to go as a point guard to get drafted. Not saying he can’t get there but he’s got lots of work to do.

3 Likes

Anyone who claims to have our starting unit and rotation figured out is kidding themselves. I don’t think the coaches are even close. There are a lot of different combinations we can and will use with a lot of moveable fluid parts even after the season starts.
I am hoping Grimes can get his waiver by August so it will be a done deal when we head to Italy.

3 Likes

My take:
C- Justin Gorham
PF- Brison Gresham
SF- J’Wan Roberts
SG- Chris Harris
PG- Dejon Jarreau

2 Likes

You lost me there with Chris Harris starting at SG?!!!

1 Like

wut

1 Like

I’d pay good money to see Chris Harris start at SG.

7 Likes

It was either there or PG. I think he is a better fit for SG after reviewing all of his film.

3 Likes

And we doubled down on Chris Harris at the guard spot.

3 Likes

No one puts Baby Harris in a corner

2 Likes

I suspect that like last year… who “starts” will not be all that important.

Who actually gets the most playing time will !!

2 Likes

Personally, I am willing to wait to see how good Grimes really is. Just because he signed with Kansas does not prove it.

1 Like

Grimes is really good, but he will have to fight a seasoned senior in Harris for that last Guard spot

15 Likes

I would love to trot this starting lineup out against Prairie View or UTRGV.

Lot’s of rebounds and ally oops.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TMarkwith14/status/1145372654670614530

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Kiyron-Powell-Evansville-shot-blocker-Houston-Cougars-Creighton-Rick-Stansbury-Kelvin-Sampson-133339832/

UH appears to be in good shape with C Kiyron Powell from Indiana.

Oh really !!! Nice

1 Like