2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

I just got back from Portland on Sunday. Amazing hiking, white water rafting and wineries.

Why so scared of Portland?

7 Likes

70 degree sunny days in the summer? Yes, please.

2 Likes

Beautiful country up there, and really good wine in the Willamette Valley

1 Like

REALLY. The city is known for its unrest .
This happended like one week ago in downtown. The police do nothing to prevent people from being attacked. No way I take my wife or family member to a basketball tourny in this environment.

Portland: Man Chased by Knife-Wielding Thug in Broad Daylight (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)

1 Like

I walked all over Portland and wasn’t threatened with a single knife!

9 Likes

Last week 5 eastern counties in Oregon voted to seceed from Oregon and become part of Idaho.

Five Oregon Counties Vote to Secede and Join Idaho (breitbart.com)

There is PLENTY of evidence online about Portland and violence. You do what you want. But I will not risk my family to see a basketball tourney there when there are safer places to watch my Coogs.

2 Likes

There were a ton of homeless people there, thats for sure. I didn’t let them bother me or prevent me from having a good time though.

2 Likes

This thread is about to go political. Boo!

3 Likes

I think thats where 1981 wants to take it. SMH

3 Likes

My wife and I have spent many occasions in the Seattle and Portland areas. We have hiked the Columbia River gorge and gone up tp Mount Hood. We have hiked Mount Rainer and around Mount Saint Helens. We have driven from Seattle to VanCouver and from Seattle to Portland. We went up for the game Case Qb’g against Oregon. Thought it was amazing how popular PBR beer was in that area. We used to love going up occasionally.
But not anymore.

3 Likes

I love turning threads political. Just fantastic.

Pesik, go ahead and get the new non-conference schedule thread ready. This one is about to be locked down.

2 Likes

Go touch some grass, man.

Fair enough.

Now lets get back on track here.

Statistically in 2020 you were 2.1 x more likely to be murdered in Houston than Portland.

4 Likes

I haven’t made it up to Oregon yet, so that trip would be cool if the tournament is stacked with competition. I wanted to make the Charleston Classic this year, before it was cancelled.

3 Likes

TSU
SFA
Lamar
Rice

Makes sense?

This is a 2022 tournament.

1 Like

Lol…my prediction came true.

2 Likes

Gonzaga scheduling games with Alabama and Texas next season. I expect all 3 of those teams to be good next year. When does our nonconference schedule get finalized?

1 Like

Add UCLA to that list. That would be 3 top 20 opponents for Gonzaga next year.

As our recruiting gets better and better, I hope our non conference becomes more stacked

We’ve had Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma State, BYU, South Carolina come to Fertita Center. Let’s improve on that list

2 Likes