2021-22 Track & Field Thread

https://twitter.com/carollewis704/status/1489803473415720965?s=21

3 Likes

I saw that, the men set a meet record in Distance Medley.

Other than that the only Coog action last night was in Pole Vault. Sampy took 5th place.

The real action starts at noon today.

Seems like a dig at Magness…the former cross country coach. Maybe the parting wasn’t so affable after all.

2 Likes

Looks like solid improvements for the teams. One more weekend of meets left before AAC Championships at the end of February.

I heard the parting was fine, he even helped get the new coach. The issue I heard about was he didn’t do much coaching and was hands off. I am a fan of his books and website but we have a much more engaged coach now.

2 Likes

Good to hear. I really enjoy following Magness on Twitter. Pretty solid insights to the mental side of athletics. Looks like a win for everybody.

1 Like

AAC Indoor T&F Championships are underway (multi’s). Pole Vault starts at noon. It’s on ESPN+ for those who don’t have to work for a living. :wink:

https://live.athletic.net/meets/12645/events

2 Likes

Hey, I’m watching and kind of working. Sampy got 2nd in the Pole Vault, Percefull picks up some points in 6th place.

2 Likes

Championship Day! We look to sprint to the top of the standings today (pun intended).

https://live.xpresstiming.com/meets/12645/events

Men:

Women:

Vallejo gets 7th in the mile. Possible he gets DQ’d because he pushed the little runner from Cincy but that guy was crowding him.

Edit: Looks like he was cleared, those points will stand.

Not looking good for the women. Men’s 60m coming up in a few minutes, should jump us up to the top.

UCF women running away with the title. Only the Shot Put, 3000m and 4x400m left.

UH men just in front of Cincy, with only Triple Jump, 3000m and 4x400m left. We should pick up good points in Triple Jump, but Cincy appears likely to take more points in 3000m. May come down to a good CLEAN relay for the Championship. :grimacing:

UH takes 1st, 5th and 7th in Triple Jump to get a little breathing room with just two events left. Cincy likely to get points in the 3k, and UH not likely (but the race is still on). Could be a tight finish…

Really hard to follow on espn+. Going to combo w/live stats.

Cinci gets 7th and 8th in the 3000 meter.

Looked at the heat sheets for the 4x400. We’re about ten seconds faster than most of squads. Barring a disaster, we’re strong favorites and should be in good shape.

What happened to the women?

It helps to have three monitors going here in the office. :slight_smile:

Cincy only took 7th & 8th place in the 3k, so picked up 3 points on the Coogs.

1 Like

7 1/2 point lead going into 4x4. Need a clean race for a championship.

I don’t follow indoor as deeply as outdoor. On the surface, doesn’t bode well.

Win the 4x4 for the championship. Would not be a Coog relay without hand-off issues tho

Coogs finish five seconds ahead of USF in the 4x400. Still unofficial,but looks good.

The men win conference.

It’s official. Men win by 13.5 points.

Women take a distant 4th.