2021 American Conference Outdoor Track Championships

Everyone has stepped up……great team performances.

4 UH women in the upcoming 200 meter

I would think this has the real possibility of sealing this up for the Lady Coogs.

Watching the Coog interviews make me just as proud of them as their meet performances.

1 Like

Quivell looked like he was dying. I have to think the 400 hurdles is the toughest race

1 Like

My son ran the 400H in college……pretty sure he agrees.

1,3 and 7 for the women in the 200

Did coaches put him on the 4x400? He may not catch his breathe before that starts, lol. I was reminded how big time Lattin was for us two years ago. Going back out for a good 400 relay split after the 110 and 400 hurdles has to hurt.

1 Like

7 or 8 men in 200 are Coogs and one Cinci guy.

New American record Sean M. with 19.93.

Coogs in 1,2 and 4-8

Alright, this guy is stupid fast. Only a freshman! 2nd fastest 200m time in the NCAA.

1 Like

Women up by 42.66 points with two events to go.

Men up by 19.5 points with two events to go

3 Likes

This thread is the next best thing to being there……thanks for making it fun!

1 Like

The 4x400 will be a victory lap for the conference title, but it could be important qualifying for regionals. Need to run like 3:07 flat to qualify.

In the upcoming men’s 5000, Wichita looks to have four runners in the top 25 qualifying times, and two at nos. 9 and 10.

Doesn’t look like UH has a chance for any points in this.

So WSU could make this interesting. Men are racing in about 25 minutes or so.

Thanks along you guys; I’m really enjoying your posts and this meet! Keep these posts coming!’

I should add that UH has the best qualifying time in the 4x400. So absent a disaster, I would think we’ll outscore Wichita in this event. Wichita’s qualifying time is 9 seconds behind UH and third slowest.

Unless the Tulsa team got food poisoning, we should be fine. They dominate the 5k with all the cross country guys. Only a DQ in the 4x400 would maybe cost us.

I have to admit I was a bit concerned as the season progressed, but this is a perfect example of how to coach T&F beyond just technique. It’s all about peaking at the right time and no one does it better than our coaches.

Yea, that’s the disaster I’ve referenced.

I was at the final CUSA championship at Rice. And UH lost the baton on the final lap of the 4x400 (Eric Futch, then to transfer to Florida and win a natty with them) and lost the championship to UTEP by only a couple of points. Crushing.

I think Isaiah Sweeney won four golds that day. Otherwise it was a great day.

I love our distance runners.

All heart :heart:

1 Like