2021 Opponent - Tech

Although Tech struggled last year, they are really an unknown at this point.

This QB cannot rescue the many deficiencies of The Red Raiders.

If Dana loses to them he will be in very bad shape for 2021.

2 Likes

I hope we get a decent turnout at NRG. I imagine Tech has plenty of alumni in SE Texas that will show up and cheer loudly. I know some folks aren’t enthusiastic about UH openers at NRG, but as a season ticket holder as long as I get a parking pass along with the game ticket I’m happy.

1 Like

Tech never had good turnouts in the SWC games here, I don’t expect anything different.

1 Like

AC in Sept. enough said.

6 Likes

That September 2017 midday game against Tech a couple of years ago at TDECU was a scorcher. A quarter of the fans were hanging out in the shade under the stands.

1 Like

They shouldn’t put it at NRG. Screw the extra cash (unless we can gain it at TDECU anyway).

Our goal is to MARKET THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON.

1 Like

Maybe we can leverage a UH-TTU MBB at FC for agreeing to play at NRG.

2 Likes

Biggest non-conference game: vs. Houston, Sept. 4 (NRG Stadium)

Without a non-Big 12 Power 5 school on the docket for 2021, the season opener against Houston looms as the biggest non-conference matchup of the season. Lately, when the Red Raiders and Cougars step onto the gridiron together, expect one of two things: fireworks or drama (sometimes both).

It’s Year Three under head coach Mike Wells, and this year there’s no real excuse to not at least be more interesting and be off to a decent bowl game.

The non-conference slate – Houston, Stephen F. Austin, FIU – is light and breezy enough to blow through, there’s the Kansas free space game, and there’s more then enough experience and talent on both sides of the ball to not be at least 3-6 in the Big 12.

Blow through?? I will be surprised if Tech favored by more than 3, if favored at all…

So, in year 3, other teams are expected to improve as well as the Coogs? Who’d a thunk?

1 Like