2022 AAC Championship - UH v (#1) ECU - 11am Ctl -ESPN News

yea, i hope our staff payed attention. might want to pitcvh him inside a bit

their guy looks to be pitching a bit tired. but heā€™s just close enough. i donā€™t think they leave him in if we tie it this inning. leadoff walk

Dear Lord, Whitting! No words for this! SMDH

Yeesh

1 Like

Way to run yourself out of an inning smh

1 Like

Not fair to the kids to get this close and do silly %#% three runs down.

2 Likes

We have two on base, theyā€™re warming up a pitcher and we gift them two outs. Thatā€™s such dumb baseball. You need baserunners. Just keep the pressure on and keep battling. And we do one of the dumbest things I can imagine. Jesus Christ

4 Likes

Did they change the rules on blocking the plate?

1 Like

Runner at home was safe. Bad call.

1 Like

Maybe but it was a dumb, dumb move when this guy canā€™t throw strikes and down three. Just dumb!!! Low percentage call vs. a struggling pitcher.

3 Likes

No he wasnā€™t.

Damn near broke his arm

WTF with the bunt fake. The guy canā€™t throw a strike

The catcher can not block the plate if he does not have the ballā€¦.
If he has the ball he can block the plateā€¦ā€¦ the runner can make contact if he is blocking the plate but has to make an attempt to get to plateā€¦.
He canā€™t just run him over just because heā€™s in the way.

1 Like

And Uhse in CF againā€¦ā€¦ahhhh

1 Like

Looks like weā€™re about to get run ruled

1 Like

Came out talked to Medrano who was on fumesā€¦. Walks the next guyā€¦. Gets a gutty K on the next batter but the tank was emptyā€¦.

Miller was ready.

How many times have we seen the pitching change happen one or two batters late all year long.

3 Likes

I have seen some head scratching calls in this one. ECU bunting with two outs and runner on first? UH with the attempted double-steal. Wow.

2 Likes

I was just gonna say Bunn makes the right call one batter too late. Lol
I know its not easy but you know your staff better than anyone. And Medrano has struggled in relief when he has two outs. Just seems like our staff and coaches are detached from one another.
Earlier Medrano threw two sliders where the batter was a mile off the pitch. 0-2. Then he gets a sign from the dugout to throw a sinker. Then a change-up.
Why throw the extra pitches when the batter cannot get around on the slider. Just throw it again and be done with it! The guy canā€™t hit it!

1 Like

And they keep battling. Just keep fighting. Iā€™d like to get it close just to give the kids hope for next year. Seriously concerned about losing some guys. Gotta appreciate Miller. Suspicious support behind him in the field.

2 Likes