2024-25 Coaching Carousel Thread

Dykes coached SMU because interim coach Jeff Traylor left for Arkansas. Wisconsin’s interim coach, a great DC and alum, was still on staff. Fickell just asserting that it’s his team and they performed well.

Good for them, everyone needs a job.

LA-Laf grade seems tough. “Key transfers hurt,:”
They lost an OG who was 1st team All SEC at FL. Maybe 1st OG in the draft.

Stan Drayton at Temple only won 3 games but they were better at everything.
Jim Mora, Jr looking like a steal. Another team night and day better.

TCU OC Garrett Riley becoming the new OC at Clemson today.
Last step before a big HC job if he gets it rolling.

I said when UConn hired Mora that he should have instead gone to Temple. Better for Temple and better for Mora. (And screw UConn whose fans are already getting cocky.)

Kendal Briles to TCU.
https://twitter.com/frogstoday/status/1614424212348850177?s=20&t=cvtaZ7nXelTLFW4FYcRY_A

Their fans don’t like this at all.

Wow and we are stuck with Dawson:(:frowning:

Interesting, he us leaving an SEC school ( Arkansas) for the same position at a big12 school.

1 Like

Briles v Belk next year at our house.

1 Like

This should be interesting if it happens.

• Ironic that a school with christian values hires a Briles.
  • TCU reportedly comes to TDECU in September against the UH. I hope it’s hot and humid and UH controls the ball on offense so that the TCU’s defense gets gassed. Too may 3 and outs by TCU’s offense and it may happen.
1 Like

Ironically, TCU is trying to get away from being called a christian university just as SMU has deaffiliated from the Methodist Church.

1 Like

Is Kendal not a Christian?

1 Like

SMU wants to be named the University of Dallas.

3 Likes

I’m sure the current one would part with the name for a price

2 Likes

Not being to cut block any more crushed that offense.

Don’t know. Doesn’t matter. I based my comment on Baby Briles’ behavior. He was accused twice at BU for inappropriate contact with recruits. He was suspended for one game for one of them. In the other he was cleared. He was also part of a coaching staff that was criticized in the Pepper Hamilton Report for they way the handled the sexual violence reporting at BU.

2 Likes

Perkins School of Theology is still part of SMU and is located on their campus.

Perkins School of Theology - SMU Perkins School of Theology

" Perkins School of Theology is one of the 13 seminaries of The United Methodist Church and one of only five university-related United Methodist theological schools, located in the heart of Dallas, Texas, with an extension program in Houston/Galveston."

1 Like

Briles to TCU? OMG.

Our first B12 game is going to be… memorable. He’s going to light us up.

1 Like

The United Methodist Church has no more control of SMU though the school still wants a relationship with the church. I’m sure having a School of Theology is fine just as any school of study, as long as you do not require all students to take a Theology class.

1 Like

Univ of Alabama has parted ways with OC- Bill O’Brien & WR Coach Holman Wiggins

2 Likes