2023 NCAA Tournament thread

Wow… tamu cc has shot 32 free throws

1 Like

Anyone watching the NIT? Watching Liberty vs Nova now

1 Like

SEMO Fans has to be raging about the Southland Conference refs.

1 Like

Totally forgot about another Wichita State transfer. Jamarius Burton.
They have talent all over the country.

Ricky Council
Jamarius Burton
Erik Stevenson
Dexter Dennis
Morris Udeze

If they could have kept all of those guys. Man, they would have been something.

4 Likes

MSU and Pitt are giving me rock fight vibes

1 Like

Don’t see either one of these teams beating Iowa St.

3 Likes

I don’t love any of the 11 seeds this year. Most likely to win are probably Providence or NC State and that’s only because Creighton and Kentucky can be so bad sometiems

3 Likes

thats not even all of them

• grant sherfield- oklahomas best player
  • Noah Fernandes - umass best player
  • qua grant who was on their team last year was the WAC player of the year

not counting that

• tyson etienne had 3 years eligibility left when he foolishly went pro last year
  • and teddy allen who also technically had eligibity for this year was new mexico state star player last year (ncaa tournament team) - turned pro

their hindsight team for what could have been this year is nuts

3 Likes

Agree. The media has overrated Creighton and Kentucky all season long, I see both losing right away

The whole MW in general is pretty weak compared to other regions imo. Only way I don’t see the E8 being Coogs vs Aggies/Longhorns winner is if Sasser is injured to the point he is ruled out for the first weekend

:laughing:

6 Likes

You play to win the game. Slow down prevent offense by Pittsburgh…

Wide open missed game winner by Miss St

3 Likes

Even with how horrific Iowa State has been lately they have 0 business losing to Pitt lol

Great finish.

I knew I was forgetting some.

Sherfield, too. Sheesh.

Them and Memphis. Every game I watch has a kid who transferred out.

Wow, The Athletic (behind paywall), has an article on TSU. Good for them.

1 Like

i watched a couple games yesterday of opponents in the midwest (iowa vs indianna), (auburn vs texas a&m) (texas vs iowa state)

a few thoughts … im jumping on the @ehog bangwagon and think iowa will beat auburn…

• auburn is questionable O (horrible shooting numbers, but decennt low post scorers) and good D, but the D is good from high effort guard and good rim protection… Not from being organized…

• iowa is very good on offense, all in rotation can shoot, great passing, smart offense …most player around 6’7 but not huge in the post… bottom 4 defense is all of the high major

i think iowa can ball movement and smart basketball enough to score on them for atleast 68 … and while watching the iowa game i noticed is that they have the capability to go into zone type defenses… if they do enough zone i could see them forcing auburn to shoot which could slow them down… its still a toss up as iowa has one of the largest shootings splits int the nation in home vs away (itll be an away game in bama) but im favoring iowa

1 Like

its TSU time

3 Likes

UH came back from that Rutgers game few years ago, anything is possible in the tourney. Lets go coog! i hope we get to win it at HOME!