2023 Offers

Why wouldn’t a kid move when he can live in his own condo with family? You can bet those prep schools are well funded,

2 Likes

I will be surprised if he isn’t at one after next year. I get to see him twice a year and he will be a McD all American by the time he is a senior. I understand why players are doing it but it does weaken the local scene. Griggs leaving Houston really hurts locally.

2 Likes

Griggs would have been The Show in Houston! He left because of ego, the inducements and the glamour of playing on the big stage.
I doubt seriously he comes to UH. He wants to go G league so let’s see how that works out

3 Likes

I doubt he comes either. That’s fine!

We are going to be alright.

We need to find another real big.

So Houston doesn’t have these type of prep schools?

No… The closest thing we have today to a prep school is Shadow Creek. Nice and a new beautiful campus. They have tons of talented athletes. But it’s no prep.

1 Like

Texas in general doesn’t have any so its either not allowed or there is an opportunity someone has yet to realize. There becoming more popular in football as well with IMG taking TX kids every year.

Aren’t prep schools the equivalent of private schools. There’s a ton In Houston.

in texas the private school circuit is drastically weaker than the public school circuit…everywhere else private schools are in a whole different league than public schools…

most of these schools gravitate to certain states, if i had to guess there is some law that incentives this that im not aware off (or punishes)…otherwise the fact there isnt a single major one in texas makes no sense …and there is like 10 top tier ones in florida

2 Likes

Nooooooo

I think Westbury Christian and the private school In Cleveland, Tx took a shot at it years ago along with several home schools which put out several D1 players.
But for some reason it never worked and here we are.
I truly miss watching the old HISD powerhouses like Wheatley, Yates, Bellaire, Jeff Davis etc.
Those days are gone

2 Likes

I can’t believe Texas, with all of this top talent, doesn’t have something like IMG Academy. That campus is massive.
:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I’m guessing the UIL possibly has something to do with lack of prep schools.

In Nevada, they have Findlay (prep) and Bishop Gorman (private religious) that attract lots of out of state talent (see Snoop Dogg’s son for football).

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/thekjlewis/status/1310733258640982016

6-4 Kj Lewis - El Paso

1 Like

Rated #1 player in texas class of 2023. Also saw him on a top 10 defensive player list. Interest from UCLA, UConn, UT, OkSt. We’re his first offer, though.

4 Likes

“class of 2023”
https://twitter.com/BJenkins247/status/1310739679331979269

5 Likes

Haha! I was wondering why that 28 year old was posing as a high school sopmore. Good thing you have a copy of the birth certificate.

1 Like

We play grown man style basketball. Might as well recruit some grown man looking players.

2 Likes

He’s not #1 in Texas '23 lol.

Tyler Smith a 6’9-10 big from Bush is.

https://twitter.com/T_Littlefield10/status/1310734041218514945?s=20

Just repeating was is out there mane. No reason to get salty.