2023 Recruiting

Doesn’t sound like either of those

1 Like

Sounds like grades, we added smith we now have Cheeks, morris, Smith, Robinson, Payne, willis, Gardner and adding Hypolite ? That’s a lot for a room that usually only plays 2 at a time

2 Likes

Ish certainly sounds like grades. He wouldn’t be going juco if he had options.

In other news, boom!
https://twitter.com/leeqrobbins11/status/1661508863382700032?s=46&t=4v1wxpQjd126Ev8eqa8FhQ

1 Like

I hope Harris improves his grades in Juco and resigns with UH.

3 Likes

That’s Marquis. He was in my 4th period class and won the gold medal in the 100 meter dash at the state meet. He signed with Missouri.

5 Likes

So what does the LB two deep look like then?

He and Hypolite weren’t slated for the same role I presume…

My best guess is that the top four will be Trimarcus Cheeks (I thought he was our best linebacker toward the end of last season), Malik Robinson, Jamal Morris, and Hasaan Hypolite. That still leaves Aaron Willis, Treylin Payne, Jalen Garner, and freshman Chris Pearson.

5 Likes

Dickenson plays Ridge Point at Mercer Stadium 9/2 at 6:00 PM. If the Coogs get the earlier time slot against UTSA I’m going to go to both games. Looks like there will be a lot of towny on the field for both teams. RP has a junior QB that should be really good. My son is in the marching band at RP so we go to a lot of games.

8 Likes

Likewise, that would be my pick to go.

I travel to Butler, Hall & Mercer. It has to be a special player or invite for me to go elsewhere

It really irritates me that there are some high school games on Saturdays. It’s Friday Night Lights, not Saturday…Saturdays are for college.

4 Likes

I can tell you that HS coaches are not fond of them either….it happens when you have to share stadiums.

2 Likes

Ridge Point has a special linebacker called PAC Man who will be a sophomore this year and has already gotten several big offers but I haven’t seen a UH offer yet. I believe his name is Dominguez
He was at several Cougar games last year and Belk has even had him in the locker room several times.
I can’t imagine why we haven’t offered like Oregon and a TeeTee along with others.
He will in all likelihood be a 5!star recruit if he stays healthy. Reminds me of a guy we had here many years named David Hodge

5 Likes

Former NFL player Robaire Smith has twins that will be sophomores at RP next year. I don’t know if they will be on varsity yet, but they are big kids.

1 Like

Colleges play on Fridays.

Too many teams, too few stadiums

1 Like

Hopefully he’ll be a Coog in a couple of years.

1 Like

6 star?

Are you a position a coach for Tech? Lol

Forgot Smith, he was starting for CU in their spring game he could very well pass up all these guys

2 Likes

Just a hunch. Maybe and inch shorter than Hodge but a step faster and hits very hard David did.
Keep him coming to UH games and save some NIL loot

1 Like

Hah. Nope just a guy that’s interested in CFB.

2 Likes