2023 Transfer Portal

But they both have beards

5 Likes

yet again ive been owned

5 Likes

If every single player on our team had beards, we would win the Natty. That’s a fact.

7 Likes

I see what yall both did there… But he was 6’10 w/socks.

4 Likes

He seems like he has ice on his veins. A couple of our players last year seem to get rush & nervous while trying to slash :writing_hand:

1 Like

Dunn shot 37% on 5 attempts a game from 3 in conference play. I do think he can be a good 3 pt shooter for us. Definitely better than Mark. I love that we go someone who isn’t afraid to attack the basketball and can hit FTs

14 Likes

Agree that I like what I see from Dunn… seems like an upgrade in almost everyway from Mark. Also has 2 years left. I like the size and shooting plus ability to get to FT line. I still hope we find a way to nab Cryer as well as a productive big like Ike.

2 Likes

12 Likes

What Dunn brings is something we have not had in a while so that’s exciting

2 Likes

Gotta be a 7-footer in his socks…:sunglasses:

No not in every way. Mark is a better defender and rebounder. Dunn isn’t a bad defender but Mark played great defense this year. Mark is also just more athletic. With rumors are that we are landing Cryer it’s going to be even more crucial that Dunn becomes a better rebounder.

2 Likes

Good for Tramon, Muss is going to let him do exactly what he wants

8 Likes

his spot up percentage is is lower than marks… not counting off the dribble shots

and the full percentage is similar at 32%and 34% .with a slight edge for dunn…

the selective only conference numbers also make no sense and mark also shot 37% in conference games …both with similat attempts per game

the stats dont indicate he is a better shooter than mark and neither does the tape…they are roughly the same level if we are talking makes and missing …
ive been following dunn since his freshmen year…and when i say freshmen year, im mean true freshmen year (not redshirt freshmen year), where he played in the Bahamas with temple where he got a ton fo minutes (before he was injured after getting back in practice)

he isnt the shooter you are making him out to be… he has better form butt makes and misses arent far a part
but like i noted earlier…his shot has been rapidly improving every year, so maybe he levels up once again
teams didnt even defend him from the 3 his 1st few seasons …so his ability to improve is there

2 Likes

I’m also taking in account the shots he’s shooting. Mark rarely took 3s that were not wide open or off the dribble. His form wouldn’t allow it. Dunn takes a lot of contested and off the bounce 3s, he shot 2% better than mark shooting tougher shots. To me that’s a better shooter. I don’t think Dunn is a sniper but I 100% believe with way our team moves the ball and having a guard like Shead to set you up, I think Dunn is definitely shoot better than Mark. Just my opinion :man_shrugging:t5:

11 Likes

his nickname is literally mid range mark… dunn specialty is attacking the post to get to the ft line…

without knowing a single other things about those 2 but that line above i would bet money dunn had a high 2pt%… and it would be a indication of shot type and not shot capability
mid range players have lower 2p%

1 Like

so we are waiting for Cryer to commit and possibly another coog player transferring out to open up a spot for a big.

1 Like

There are a lot of moving pieces right now.

8 Likes

I’m just talking 3 point shooting

1 Like

This is somewhat concerning. Moving pieces outside of the program, or inside the program?

I could see Ramon Walker leaving and opening up another spot. Especially with Dunn committing today.

Shouldn’t be concerning.

Just moving pieces.

Let the chef (CKS) cook.

10 Likes