2023 Transfer Portal

I agree. I’m saying people/I want him to be a stretch 4 but he can’t. He can’t shoot.

1 Like

Hes from Vegas

Mr. Mom reference?

4 Likes

And that could well be a guy named Arceneaux!

Hes listed at 6-6 in UH athletics

Well then in shoes he is our stretch 4!

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

The simple explanation is that we lacked depth. If someone is bold enough to ask CKS and if he honestly replies the shortcoming, I bet he acknowledges that he expected all the members - Francis, Arceneaux and Sharp to be more productive then they were at the end of the season. The expectation at the start of the season was that these folks will be productive and that resulted in Wilson red shirting - bad idea and Ramon sidelined - another bad idea.

Okay Francis is not a freshman….

So you have Sharp, TA and Walker.

Walker was thought of as a mid to late round first round pick before the season….he is now expected to go top 6……he was developed.

Sharp was coming off not having played basketball in over a year and became the most valuable player off the bench….he was developed.

TA who was the next highest rated behind Walker played meaningful minutes and was in the rotation….anyone that knows basketball knows that TA was rated so highly, partly because of his extremely high ceiling….he was the rawest of the three and yet was developed enough to get minutes for the #1 ranked team in college basketball.

They didn’t lack depth because of the freshman….you made the silly comment so you should be the one “bold enough” to ask him.

Sorry Neil, but it’s a really bad take.

You also make the comment that he “doubled down” and took four more freshman….what should he recruit? Just out of the portal? Not sure what else you would mean….Sasser, Shead, Roberts, Walker, etc. all recruited as freshman….and he just picked quite the pair from the portal to compliment the freshman……personally I hope he adds one more freshman rather than a big from the portal….You gonna tell Thomas no, because he’s a freshman?

6 Likes

Tamar Bates to Missouri

Any decent bigs left in the portal or might come out later ?

@ehog the promotional poster theory was on point :wink:

7 Likes

Because what Arkansas is doing is unethical. When you already have Battle, Tramon, and Davenport there is 0 need to go for another guard from the portal. It’s one thing if they were facing a major talent drain like Texas right now but this isn’t like 2k where you can run 11 man rotations and have everyones morale at 100.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we see their players openly scuffling especially if they go through their typical 1-3 start in SEC play imo

5 Likes

still a decent amount uncommited… but they all have favorites and we are not seen as one

The 3 big uncommited pfs and a random 4th

1. Olivier Nkamhoua- the only home run stretch 4 plug and play guy
  2. Mackenzie Mgbako- top 10 recruit 5* (technically not a transfer)
  3. Yohan Traore - 5star that was deep bench at auburn year 1
  4. Zach Clemence - elite recruit pf- but was deep bench at kansas 1st 2 years

there are quite a few centers

dickinson (all -american)
Sedrick
graham ike
Jesse Edwards
Moussa Cisse
Jamarion Sharp
Qudus Wahab

some lesser touted centers available
Russel Tchewa
Kalib Boone
alexis yetna
Daniel Batcho
Makhel Mitchell
Efton Reid
Kenny Pohto

at this moment there are a ton of really touted centers in the portal… and not as many stretch 4s… probably becuase good stretch 4s are nba prospects, and great centers arent

the portal also isnt done yet… there are a ton of tops guys that will start entering the portal after not getting invited to combines and realizing they arent the prospects they thought they were,

some name being thrown around that are seen as maybe portal players; sanogo, kevin cross, jonas aidoo, oscar tshiebwe…there also the option that ron holland decommmits from a collapsing texas…just to name a few

note we are not tied to anyone right now

8 Likes

Not at all the first choice of who we’re wanting to bring in with the 13th spot.

Nate

8 Likes

I think it is somewhat funny (and maybe even a bit ludicrous) to read some of the comments on here about what kind of player UH needs to bring in to make for a better team.

After wandering 30 years in the (March Madness) desert (on a horse with no name), CKS shows up and UH becomes a regular Sweet 16 program based solely upon his exceptional player assessment and player development talents. So he’s proven to everyone that he has the skill & knowledge to know what UH needs to compete at a very high level on an annual basis. Just a reminder that UH is NOT a college hoops blue blood program, yet thanks to CKS we are getting national respect almost like we are one.

As for me, I’ll voice no opinion and wait to see who CKS decides to bring in next, it’s his call to make!

6 Likes

247 took their Ike prediction to Providence off yesterday, anyone know why?

2 Likes

I hope hes healthy!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

The only reason message boards exist is for fans to post their opinions. We know Coach Sampson knows what he is doing. He has already filled two holes on the team due to graduation and a transfer. There is nothing wrong with discussing how we would like to Wilson replaced.

22 Likes