2023 Transfer Portal

For me give me a great offense of player coach can mold into a decent defender. All you need is good athleticism for that to happened under CKS. What CKS can’t do is make a bad shooter into a good one.

Not every player has to be a great defender when you may sacrifice shooting/offense!!!

I think the offense could use to be tinkered with a little, too!

2 Likes

Being good on defense is wanting to be good on defense

2 Likes

Not if you have slow feet/lack any type of athleticism under CKS.

2 Likes

Well you use your strengths to be good on defense

Or have a 6’10+ center like Carlton who can roll around on defense.

Yeah

Thoughts o an hypothetical situation where Eddy transfers to UH. He has some things to work on but I think it could work. Imagine:

Jamal Shead
Emanuel Sharp
Tramon Mark
J’wan Roberts
Zach Edey

we wouldnt recruit eday… doesnt fit our defensive system, he is too slow

6 Likes

Is Edey declaring for NBA anyways?

1 Like

I thought that but Carlton had slow feet

2 Likes

Carlton had much faster feet than Edey….dude is slow.

Don’t see him making it in todays NBA.

3 Likes

Yea, our guards have been good enough where we could make it work (a hobbled shead and sass is still lightyears better than smith and loyer)

But Carlton shut down AZ’s triple towers in the tournament while Edey got outplayed by TJD twice when the refs pretty much refused to call fouls on Edey both games lol

2 Likes

Impossible to be big and quick at his size but he moves very well for what he is.

2 Likes

Someone on here (I don’t remember who) showed an article (I don’t remember the article) a couple of months ago stating that Edey was close to enrolling in classes at UH before last minute going to Purdue. So if that report was correct, then we were recruiting him.

It was Baylor i thought that almost got Edey.

I could be wrong. But i thought i heard on a podcast that Scott Drew was recruiting him

The article said UH.

I do remember seeing something mentioning him almost going to UH

I never saw anything UH….

Purdue, Baylor and Western Kentucky were the only D-1 offers he had I believe….Don’t know where UH came from….I don’t think that is true.

Someone on here posted an article with a quote about it. Maybe @WhoWeTalkinBout ? So much has gone on since then that I can’t pinpoint exactly where that is on here though.