2024 Pro Coogs

May 15, 2024 Houston Astros traded CF Corey Julks to Chicago White Sox for RHP Luis Rodriguez.
May 15, 2024 Chicago White Sox optioned CF Corey Julks to Charlotte Knights.

1 Like

I don’t know the state of the White Sox depth but it’s gotta give him a better shot of getting back into the majors.

He had fallen behind Meyers, Chas, Loperfido and probably Leon……this will be a better opportunity for for Corey.

The kid we got back is a late signing by the Sox….only 20 and has not played full season ball.

He is a lefty and must have pretty decent stuff.

Last year at 19 he pitched in the Dominican SL.
He pitched 33 innings, struck out 45 and only walked 6.
However 19 is a little old for that league so factor that in……basically an extreme lotto ticket.

3 Likes

That’s a crazy record. No knock at all against Gasser, but not exactly a high bar…

Congratulations on a couple great outings though!

1 Like

May 17, 2024 Chicago White Sox recalled CF Corey Julks from Charlotte Knights.

Almost the same spot he hit his 2nd inning home run.

4 Likes

Five Cougars on MLB active rosters,
Connor Wong Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | Boston Red Sox (mlb.com)
Corey Julks Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | Chicago White Sox (mlb.com)
John King Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | St. Louis Cardinals (mlb.com)
Jared Triolo Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | Pittsburgh Pirates (mlb.com)
Robert Gasser Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | Milwaukee Brewers (mlb.com)
Plus one on the IL,
Austin Pruitt Stats, Age, Position, Height, Weight, Fantasy & News | Texas Rangers (mlb.com)
That’s got to be the most ever.

1 Like

Atta kid!

Amazing catch quiets Yankee Stadium.

1 Like

3 Likes

He’ll yeah!

I saw this last night.

Nick got passed over several times over the last few years by lesser guys….

Glad to have him back.

He has been dealing in AAA for Padres this year.

He can help us.

2 Likes

CJ batting leadoff, first pitch of the game:

Bad Injury News for Gasser

Glad Julks finding success with WSOX.

Sometimes success takes time.

1 Like

If he can carve out a starting spot that would be awesome for him.

The guy that has me smiling is Connor Wong……I knew he had the ability to be a utility guy or back up catcher….i had know idea he was capable of doing what he is now.
I’d say there is better than a 50/50 chance he makes the All-Star team….

3 Likes

06/16/24 Houston Astros optioned RHP Nick Hernandez to Sugar Land Space Cowboys.

Wow.

After yesterdays 50 + pitch dandy.
Demoralizing for Nick.
No Verla on 10 Day IL for sure now.

Seen some Astros fans fuming they gave Julks away.
Julks near 100 ABs & still over .300.
Stros did give him @ 300 ABs.
I hope he goes off there.

Last similar situation was JD Davis w a big few seasons w Mets

Wong had a full season at SS for a good UH team.
Then 3d & OF.
Still surprised how athletic he looks.

2 Likes

It should have been Dubin….but Nick should be back soon.

We have some OF’s in AAA and AA that are ready and some almost ready….Julks was never gonna get the PT he wanted here.
Happy for him to get it up there….this is his shot to carve out a career, hope he does it.

BTW, thank you Sampson.

If the Astros had kept him, he wouldn’t have been hitting .300 in the big leagues because they would have still been playing Jake and Dubon out there with Yordan and Tucker. No way he would have gotten any innings if those guys are on the roster.

Robert Gasser to undergo Tommy John surgery (mlb.com)

Well that sucks but he is young enough come back stronger.