23-24 UH Football Season

Dana coached IRs at Tech. You can credit him with Welker, but Harrell is a big stretch.

Leach recruited Harrell. He inherited the other three, and coached them very late in their collegiate career except for Case. Even with that, I think Case would say that under Kingsbury was where most of his development happened.

2 Likes

But Tune took almost 2 years “to develop”, and against AAC teams.

1 Like

Kliff told me in an interview, “I just pat Case on the butt and tell him to go get ‘em.”

5 Likes

He was listed as OC/IWE coach

Correct. Mike coached QBs and called plays. Dana was Co-OC and then OC for one year before leaving. Dana didn’t run offensive meetings or the QB room. Saw it myself at practice.

Credit Dana for amazing work with Welker.

Tune wasn’t supposed to be the starter. The transition would have been a lot smoother if he didn’t get thrown into the fire with King leaving.

4 Likes

Regardless it took almost 2 full seasons before he “developed”. And against mainly G5 competition. Let me know when the fanbase will be patient for a “developed” QB 1 out of 3 seasons versus P5s.

I think Smith already went through his trials and tribulations and his development stage. Against way harder competition than Tune did. We seen what Smith can do, his highs and lows. The staff believes this is the year he can put it all together. I trust Dana’s vision when it comes to QBs, he has earned that much.

2 Likes

So Dana’s polishing the near completed piece of furniture.

I’ll be interested in seeing how the Alabama (?) high school kid progresses and is “developed”. I’m optimistic about his potential, but I would think that a coach as a better developer than most supposedly would have him ready to go (start) certainly by the start of his true 3rd year.

CDH has developed 1 quarterback since arriving at UH?

That’s all he needed lol. Apparently Coley player really good this spring so it might be two. We will see.

He looks good in those clips
 Can’t wait to see him light up UT in the Cage!

Given the player turnover in the offseason, 8-5 seems very optimistic. CDH is coaching for his job/career this season. If he has been holding something back, time to whip it out.

And none of the other quarterbacks that have been here were “developed” or not good enough to being "developed?

And not one recruit in the CDH tenure was brought in with credentials and the ability to be “developed”?

Of course we had a couple of QBs that ended up at Wyoming and SMU that were “good enough to recruit” but then shown the door because CDH didn’t want to develop them?

Please
Tune was significantly better as a junior and senior than he was a soph and freshman

2 Likes

Well one qb did grasp the playbook that well and struggled to run an offense 10+ yds downfield. After blowing a game we should have won easily in NO he packed up his stuff and left. Well there was a little time before he told us he was actually leaving.

Duh?

Objectively true. I don’t know how anyone could say otherwise.

2 Likes

It appears to me that evaluations of our QB’s ignore the O-line play involved in the “development” of said QB’s.

2 Likes

Now that UH’s baseball season is over we can now focus our attention to football and the
B12. Happy days are here again!