3 vs 0 games played

Terrible start and I wonder if we’re at a disadvantage since Tulane has played 3 games and we’ve played 0 before tonight.

3 Likes

I just don’t think we’re that good of a team. I don’t know why people were expecting better after last year.

2 Likes

Winners make plays. Losers make excuses. That is in all phases of life.

5 Likes

Not an excuse… CDH has to have this team better prepared to win.

5 Likes

This.

53 days of practice.

2 Likes

Turning the ball over 3 times in 1 quarter is not going to have a positive affect no matter who you play

1 Like

Now I’m glad we didn’t play Baylor

2 Likes

We play a better team next week, BYU.

Still plenty of game left

2 Likes

I had us struggling to get 6 wins with a full season…and Tulane was one of the six. If we can’t win tonight it may end up at 2 or 3.

2 Likes

We will win this game! No doubt.

6 Likes

Both teams have advantages. We have a more experienced quarterback, much more expensive coaching, a higher talent roster, and a home field advantage. That should be enough to overcome their 3 game head start to the season.

1 Like

As far as a learning curve, I’m hopeful the 1st half for us equals 3 games for Tulane. I like how we’ve already improved!

1 Like

To answer the Original Post: Naw, we just needed to shake some RUST off…no biggie!

3 Likes

EARLY CALLS can be embarrassing :sunglasses:!

3 Likes

I was able to tune into 950 AM just before Stevenson coughed up the fumble and heard the score. I was wondering how bad the Holgy Haters were on Coogfans. I caught some of the 1st half and all of the 2nd half on TV when I got home. Tune seemed to get more comfortable as the game progressed. This was good warm up game. That Tulane QB looks like he can sling it but just needs more time.

BYU will be a whole different animal. But if UH can clean up the TO’s and play more ball control, hopefully it will be another positive outcome.

1-0 is never a bad result.

1 Like

BYU is also untested. They have played no one. Yes, they crushed them, but they have not seen an opponent with our team speed.

Will be interesting.

BYU has had several games to at least work out kinks and chemistry problems. That is a huge advantage.

And I don’t see the UH DL being able to overpower the BYU OL like last night but think the 2nd Half UH team will hang with them. Hopefully, the 1st Quarter UH team from last night has been retired.

Other than UH and Boise State, BYU does not have much on their schedule with all of the P5 going to conference only for the most part.