412: Open up and say... Tulsaaahhhh, Kelly Hines & Soccer's Undefeated Weekend by Scott & Holman Pawdcast

Oh happy days, the guys have survived a week without Cougar football and now look ahead to a short week and the beginning of conference play in the form of the Tulsa Golden Hurricane. To better understand our next opponent we brought on Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.

Cougar soccer also had one of their best road swings in team history leading into a top 20 showdown this week with Memphis. We also discuss the week that was in college football and the 5 games from the week to come we’re watching.

P.S. Cougar swimming also made its season debut!

1 Like

https://www.patreon.com/posts/some-numbers-and-21786888

Oh hi there Mr/Mrs/Miss consumer of UH written content.

I’ve been meaning to do something involving numbers and the match-up involving the Cougars and their latest opponent. There were two key impediments prior to this week: not having a laptop and not having (in my amateur judgement) an adequate data set to evaluate this year’s teams.

There are a couple people I owe thanks to before I get into this week’s Cougar opponent: Tulsa. The main comparative spreadsheet I use is very similar to something I saw JP Gooderham of Fear the Wave use and we can only hope to imitate what he does for Tulane sports. And of course we also owe a thanks to Bill Connelly of SB Nation whose commitment to creating and evolving the advanced stats of college football is unmatched.

So, what do we have to say about the Tulsa Golden Hurricane?

1 Like