5 reasons for Memphis

Memphis has some pros but football success and potential is much more important than hoops. FedEx is a big supporter but their academics are down with Boise State. Hosting Ole Miss in front of 61K fans sure helped attendance. It would be like us counting the OU game in our attendance.

Memphis’s case is all about FEDEX and $$$. Really no other reason to consider them.

1 Like

Decent TV market and proximity to schools closer to the east coast.

UH, UConn, UCF, and Memph/Cinc are the best in my opinion in that order.

pray10 has nailed all the big articles on the topic in the “No Big12 expansion” string. Excellent work.

1 Like

Gross.

5 reasons for no Memphis

1. Tier 4 school. If invited, they’d be the only P5 school outside of the USNWR Top 200.
  2. No OCS
  3. They likely peaked under Lynch/Fuente, both are now gone, and their peak wasn’t even that good.
  4. Basketball has declined over the past 5 years
  5. Overall, very poor athletic program. They finished last in the American in the Director’s Cup.

MORE IMPORTANTLY 

Cincy seems to have lost most of its original luster and replaced with Memphis.

I suspect when 

Ono 
 their previous prez left recently to Oh Canada 
 most of their pizazz fizzled out like a carbonated drink left out on a Houston August summer day 

1 reason against Memphis: the Liberty bowl is a dump.

Looking realistic they get it renovated.

Paywall

Why on earth did you resurrect this thread?

10 Likes

You really went out of your way to dig up a thread from 2016

1 Like

See

It fits.

No to Memphis. We can wait for some p5s

2 Likes

What’s this about a rivalry with Memphis?

I never thought of them as a rival until Memphis news popped up on reddit and read an ugly back-and-forth between some Coogs and Tigers.

I found this on knowrivalry.com -

Memphis?

2 Likes

There were
“classless signs by Houston fans after Young Dolph” ?

Would of been in 2021 when he was shot at ‘Makeda’s Homemade Butter Cookies’ ?
(I looked that up)

I’m out of the loop. I don’t know who that is.

1 Like

Is this before or after they said f Houston?

F them. I want to sweep them

1 Like

A rapper that was killed in Memphis

We hate Memphis bc they hate is equally. Biggest reason I hate Memphis is bc around 2016 they kept telling the big12, they deserved a big12 invite over us and we’re in the backyard and they tried again this last round even when we could fill the void of Texas leaving. Memphis would screw us over in a heartbeat. I didn’t hear Byu , Cincy or Ucf saying us over houston like Memphis kept touting.They just promoted themselves as best they could without bashing us like Memphis.

4 Likes

Oh. Well. Screw 'em.

3 Likes