50 Cent and Houston

Seems the guy has an obsession with the city of Houston

Recently announced a partnership with the Texans

Also hosing a celebrity basketball game at UH

13 Likes

I’m wondering if he sees some business opportunities here.

Only reason I made this thread is because I saw him driving a Ferrari on 290 yesterday

5 Likes

Doesn’t Drake do a celebrity baseball game at UH every year? I don’t know what it is they like about Houston so much but I like that they like it.

1 Like

I am, well… I was a pretty avid hip hop fan. I think rap music today is pretty crap. That being said, I’ve been a drake fan since he blew up in 2009. Jay Prince Jr. who’s the son of J. Prince, one of the executives of Houston-based Rap-a-Lot records is the one who discovered Drake. Lil Wayne flew Drake out to Houston in 09 to sign his record deal with Cash Money.

Drake has always been a loyal Houston advocate even though he’s from Canada

1 Like

Drake has a few businesses in Houston, he likes the city a lot. 50 has lived in Houston for a year now I think.

We need 50 to do “In Da Cage” a Coog version of his first hit.

6 Likes

My son loves Drake. I like him but all his music started sounding the same. He does surprise with a good song every now and then.

1 Like

Did you guys know that 50 Cent also is usually the high bidder at the Rodeo charity wine auction?

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/24/34/21/22135917/3/1200x0.jpg

4 Likes

Drake has usually “hosted” and participated in what he dubs “HAW” (Houston Appreciation Week), it’s a week of activities, with a “celebrity” softball game at Schroeder Park being one of the activities.

50 Cent, which someone mentioned earlier, moved to Houston about a year or so ago. 50 “hosted” an event this weekend at the Grand Tuscany Hotel.

Drake gave TSU a shoutout already on an album - gotta move on to the next one lol

8 Likes

2 Likes

I thought 50 moved here last year or something.

We have a big tent here at UH…and you don’t even have to like his music, he is a really good actor, as I remember…

I think this board’s sponsor might have some idea. Apparently in celebrity circles, Houston is notable for the quality of such establishments.

1 Like

Drake considers Houston where he got his first big break, so he’s always had that connection to Houston and I think he used to do an annual show and game as a thank you.

50 moved to Houston a couple of years ago and has been hyping up the city ever since. Seems like there a surprising number of celebrities that low-key live in Houston.

3 Likes

Harvard: Gates, Zuckerberg.

Houston: 50 Cents

Let’s put that in our portfolio for the AAU committee.

1 Like

I can never forget this Aziz Ansari bit about 50 Cent. Won’t lie, but this connection to the city and UH is pretty cool!