19. Clemson
  20. Virginia Tech
  21. Duke
  22. Virginia
  23. St. louis
  24. Michigan State
  25. Florida State
1 Like

I don’t get Kansas. Sure they lost to a top 10 opponent, but it was a beating like I’d expect a top 10 to do to an unranked mid major, and at home no less.

3 Likes

But, it KANSAS. Don’t you know they are entitled to the benefit of every doubt, and of course a top 10 ranking.

1 Like

Crud.

UT is now at #4.

Ah well.

Texas has certainly become a POWERHOUSE college basketball state.

Baylor #2
UT #4
UH #11
Tech #18

North Carolina, Indiana, and New York…EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!

4 Likes

Only three votes for Boise?

Geesh.

1 Like

#7 Tennessee loses to Alabama 71-63 and they fall to #9

#5 Houston loses to defending co-conference champion Tulsa by 1 point and defeats a very tough SMU squad on the road and we fall behind Tennessee to # 11

…OK

1 Like

Lol nice job leaving out that Tennessee also beat a Mizzou squad that was ranked 12th by 20.

I guess only our wins count but other teams don’t?

Rankings ahead of us mostly seem fine to me. We should probably be ahead of Kansas and maybe Creighton but it’s not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

Really? Why leave out so much relevant info?

I was giving a co-worker a hard time on our weekly team call this morning about Herman and Sark. His reply was “well…since we are both clearly basketball schools…”. LOL

7 Likes

They really hate us. Too bad.

We probably shouldn’t have been #5. But this position and the #11 ranking are something to build on. Its been decades since we spent a whole season in the top 10. Lets start with that as a goal.

8 Likes

We both have one ranked victory on our resume and one loss on our resume

Not gonna complain about being ranked #11 in the nation. Just going to appreciate how good our program has gotten and how great the bounce back win was last night. Proud of our boys!

8 Likes

That was a big win against a very good SMU squad. 11 us not bad.

2 Likes

Just like in football, they take care of their own. Kansas loses by 25 and drops 3 spots. We lose by 1 and drop 6. Just sit at the little table and be happy.

2 Likes

Tennessee lost at home

It’s more of a slight to Tulsa, IMO. A Top 5 win and not a single AP vote? Hmmmm…I’ve always been of the opinion that, with voters, bad losses hurt you more than quality wins help you.

2 Likes

#11 out of about 353 teams. Awesome!

2 Likes

It won’t be long before we’re back in the Top 10. Not worried.

7 Likes

Given our history, it’s amazing we didn’t drop to 24 after losing a game. Given that perspective, I’ll take 11. We have 2 very easily winnable home games coming up (although we better not take Wichita State too lightly), an away game at USF that could be tougher than a lot of people think, followed by home games against UCF, Tulsa, and Cincy. If we take care of business in all those games, we should be right back in the Top 5.

2 Likes