AAC approves 8+4 schedule for 2020

3 Likes

That means as of now, our six-game home schedule is still intact.

1 Like

Are we still playing BYU, or have we cancelled for sure looking for more local?

they would have to come here, according to the aac rules for non con games

1 Like

BYU has not cancelled their game with us as of now. I don’t know if they would be traveling or BYU would have to play us in Houston

I feel a lot of schools are going to try to schedule easy non-con games in order to secure bowl eligibility, which would yield some form of payout. Given the circumstances of 2020, those lower-tier bowls people didn’t value are looking real good. lol

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/American_Conf/status/1291072493910929409?s=20

1 Like

How do we get the Texas Bowl?

3 Likes

What rules for the AAC OOC games? The only requirement is for the opponent to meet the same testing and safety protocols.

“As ACC [think they meant AAC here] teams look to play their nonconference schedules, Aresco said there would be no travel restrictions in place. The ACC and Big 12 are requiring nonconference games to take place in their home states. Like those two conferences, the American will require nonconference opponents to meet the same testing and safety protocols that they have put in place.”

1 Like

I think all of those payouts are related to attendance therefore smaller attendance, smaller payout.

1 Like

BYU only has 6 games and we are one of them. So yes.

Hopefully one of the local big 12 schools will play us!

Oh wow, glad they haven’t cancelled the season

1 Like

Schools usually don’t make money at bowl games. It’s good PR though.

So no fans, no payouts? Or will bowl sponsors payout if media outlets like ESPN backs them with funds?

1 Like

Right, but it is getting very close to our first scheduled game; when will they be sending out season tickets?

1 Like

Maybe not for the expenses that season, but surely it has a culminating effect. I’m suggesting one bowl game wouldn’t break even, maybe it’ll cover an expense for the year.

This guy went crazy trying to quantify what made a good bowl game. Me personally, if it covered a bill and gets the fans more football, and a kid a chance to improve, it’s a good bowl game.

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/1291090373364912136?s=20

One of the biggest advantage in a bowl game is extra amount of time the coaches get to spend with the younger players in practice. It’s almost like another spring.
Bowls used to be a reward for a good season but the number of bowls today rewards mediocrity.
The money gets split up and shared with other conference teams. Obviously the more teams in the conference in bowl games the more money there is to split.

1 Like

I doubt if any B12 team wants to play us but our canceled game is on 9/12 and Tech and TCU have no non-conference games. Of course we would have to travel to them.