AAC Basketball Games - Week of Jan 19th

Tulsa giving Memphis the what fer… didn’t see that coming. Makes me feel a tad bit better about our game.

2 Likes

Memphis is 0 for a bunch from the trey. Memphis looks like they have a bunch of stars, while Tulsa has a good team. But you never know when those stars might kick it in. Its still the first half.

Still salty about that Tulsa loss. Grrrrrrrr

1 Like

***Official Memphis vs Tulsa Game Thread*** (1/22) Great stuff in there if anyone is looking for entertainment

So who had Tulsa doubling up Memphis? Anyone?

64-32 with 9 mins left

If Tulsa can get past UConn on the road, they could have a solid record going into the tourney.

We’re an 8 seed, KU is the 1 in our bracket
(!) Lunardi giving Tulsa love.

NCAAM Bracketology - ESPN. Don’t blame me if you’re on the bubble. January bid thieves at work: Northern Iowa, Liberty and Tulsa. http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?src=desktop

1 Like

Would like Memphis, Wichita, and Tulsa to win this weekend. If SMU beats Memphis and UCONN beats Tulsa SMU will take their place in 4th AAC team bubble talk. This is a big weekend and the wrong results could affect our bid numbers in the projections.

Ok Temple losing to UPenn is not a good look. They need Shizz.

1 Like

I would take Shizz over Rose any day

Seriously Temple. Thanks for beating Wichita State then losing to Penn the AAC really appreciates that.

1 Like

I originally wasn’t a fan of the Memphis court, but watching this Memphis-SMU court, I like the color contrast of SMU’s uniforms on the blue court.

SMU hanging in there on the road at Memphis. Memphis looked like they would bury them early after a 40 pt loss. SMOOO down 9 at half has cut lead to 2 pts . Abt 15 mins left.

Smooo up 1 with 1:30 to go

This game is going down to the wire. SMU is making big plays. Memphis might not be a tournament team this year, which is crazy with the amount of talent they have.

5 Likes

4 freshmen starting is tough

Conf is just very balanced in good way!!

For sure, but we’ve seen it work out better for programs like Duke and Kentucky. Hardaway still hasn’t proven he’s a great coach who can get freshman to play enough defense and run a consistent offense. He’s still a fairly new coach, so maybe he can improve, but a strong Memphis is good for the conference and he just hasn’t maximized his talent yet.

3 Likes

I think they get in when it’s all said n done. The Tulsa/SMU are fighting there way into March Madness Madness convo.

1 Like

Chargois didnt get many minutes, he hurt?