AAC Championship Gameday Thread: #21 Houston @ #4 Cincinnati | 3PM CT | ABC

whats needed is a play to get marcus jones the ball on a toss back to him as he coming up full speed on the pooch kick or squibbler.
i saw this on another game, tight end caught it tossed it back to the regular returner….he wasn’t marcus jones but he got 30 yds

4 Likes

I cannot believe they scheduled our game at the same time as Bama/UGA. Almost everyone will be watching that game. How can ESPN expect high viewership.

Depends

If UGA is up by 21 at the half, I think people will switch to UH vs #4 Cincy

7 Likes

T-minus 3 days

Honestly, as long as we’re watching, who cares?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/status/1466222072456089602

All of the folks who want to relocate the cameras @ Fertitta . . . . .

4 Likes

High of 53 degrees for Saturday in Cincinnati. Not too bad for our guys.

2 Likes

It’s amusing to me so many of our fans care that our game time competes with GA vs BAMA.

Observation from last year’s game. A big issue we had was our safety play. Anderson was flat out out ran on a lot of plays. Check the tape, you’ll see #2 a lot, like the back of his jersey…

Moving him to LB and getting faster 40 time guys in that spot has made a huge difference and I think will help us in this game.

If the oline shows up we win. I think it all comes down to our oline.

1 Like

Yes, OLINE is important. But we can’t have any stupid turnovers and probably need a score from the defense or the special teams.

This must be our best effort and complete game all year.

Lastly, we may need to go for on-sides, trick plays and fourth downs.

We’ll need to go all in.

This game is about much more than just our OLINE IMHO.

pretty perfect write up and I agree on all fronts.

how do you think we line up against them size and talent wise? I honestly havnt watched many cincy games this year so I dont know how they stack up.

https://youtu.be/d8_LoTScuWM

Found this guy that sounds like a Houston admirer from afar. Did a good piece on AMC after the Tulsa game.

I was just looking at Cincy’s Defensive stats. They lead the nation in takeaways. 3rd in red zone D, 2nd lowest completion against, 2nd lowest yards per pass. Its all very impressive. ND scored 13 against them. South Florida scored 28 on them but it wasn’t close. We can’t shoot ourselves in the foot trying to be cute but we have to do something different than everybody else.

1 Like

We are going to miss Carter . My guess is Cincy locks up Tank, loads up the box and dares Tune to throw to remaining receivers against their vaunted secondary.

Erwin has looked good, hopefully he becomes a legend Saturday.

1 Like

I think McCaskill has two touchdowns and this game puts him on the map in college football.

6 Likes

cincy has 2 cbs that are seen as titans… their defense go after the qb alot , but sack numbers are less than ours by a margin, but still very good… their defensive weakness on paper is stopping the run game

on offense they have a dominant run game, i think their qb is overrated to how much he is touted, but does his job very well… not that great a passer, not that great a runner, but makes smart decisions…their pass protection isnt that great… they have 1 big time wr in Alec Pierce, tallish (6’3) and reliable hands but not that athletic or fast …the only wr they have with notable stats

i think our defense can hold its own… the question is if we can score on them… there cbs are seen as legendary, stating things like “havent given up a td all season” but a huge part of that is they havent been tested all season. they’ve only played 1 notable qb all season, in SMU and their pass rush prevented him from passing all game and kept sacking him (smu’s oline isnt good)… tune isnt peytom manning but probably better than every qb cincy has played with the exception of maybe smus qb…

hoping we find a way to put points on them

6 Likes

Let them! I hope they do!