AAC Championship

What needs to happen at this point for UH to play in the conference championship game?

1 Like

The Rapture

20 Likes

I don’t think it’s realistically possible…Tulane needs to beat Cincy. I believe tie breakers will take it to highest CFP rankings, and I don’t think Cincy or UCF will drop below UH.

We are not playing in the championship game. That ship has sailed.

5 Likes

To answer your question, Temple needs to mount an amazing comeback against Cincinnati today (down 17-0) and then next week UH, USF, and Tulane need to win.

1 Like

Not going to happen.

1 Like

Who cares

We don’t deserve to be in the championship game this season. Tulane, UCF or Cincinnati all more deserving of it.

We shot ourselves in our own foot this season. Shame really

6 Likes

Technically we “just” need to be ranked higher than UCF and the Cincy/Tulane loser. But realistically, that isn’t happening.

4 Likes

UCF lost to Navy. How are they deserving?

5 Likes

We need Temple to beat Cincy

We ain’t going. Dana and Doug pissed that away

4 Likes

And UCF got smacked by ECU.

1 Like

They also lost to ECU

1 Like

Come on Warners kid

2 Likes

Should we get in it would be because we won our way in as much as others lost it. The teams that get in the CCG deserve it because they won their way in. A loss at the end counts no more than a loss earlier. There are teams with their chance of playing in the CCG in their own hands as of now, but the overall record at the end of the season is what counts.

4 Likes

We blew it when we blew it against Tulane !

9 Likes

UH beats Tulsa
Tulane beats Cinci
USF beats UCF

UH outranks Cinci/UCF in the CFP.

That last one is the one that won’t happen. Can’t see USF beating UCF. My guess is it will be a Tulane vs UCF rematch.

1 Like

we are eliminated… we need to be ranked higher in the cfp or bcs computers than others… thats impossible… there is no path

3 Likes

We tie for 2nd with a win in the finale.

Finish 8-4.

One play away from a conference title game appearance. Two plays away from 10-2.

But also two plays away from 6-6.

The margin in college sports is so thin sometimes between excellent and good, or good and mediocre.

7 Likes