AAC Football Coaching Carousel 2017-2018

Florida is not a dumpster fire. They have the players and resources ready. They are also 1 year removed (this year) from back to back SEC East titles. All of that talent isn’t leaving with McElwain. Stoops could make the leap. I just don’t want Strong to leave. He’s not a good coach, and should be easier to beat than a lot of coaches in this conference.

It certainly would help if more UCF fans showed up to watch one of the most dominant, dynamic teams in the country. The announced crowd Saturday was 29,384 in a stadium that holds 44,206. In comparison, Nebraska has sold out 360 consecutive home games dating back to 1962 — before Kennedy was assassinated.

UCF believes they can keep Frost from accepting an offer from Nebraska or Florida by erecting a new athletic building. That $5M donation that the article was bragging about is what Nebraska and Florida can offer Scott Frost per year in salary.

Trying to keep a coach with money when his heart is not in it is not good for any team (we learned that the hard way). If they want to go down that road. Itll be easier for us next season.

https://twitter.com/dmn_colleges/status/929768247880310785?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums

The AAC is about that lose some coaches.

It goes with the territory. Lookin at the most recent AP Top 25, there are only 3 schools representing the G5, all 3 are AAC programs.

The AAC may never achieve P6, but it should continue to be the BG5 (best group of 5).

1 Like

Does anyone think Major will get P5 interest even with the buyout in his contract and if we win out and go 9-3

not this year.

I think Neal Brown is more likely to take a vacant SEC job than anything else.

I think your statements above is why there is a chance, in the future, where you may see some G5 head coaches making the leap to the AAC. What may cause it not to happen would be AAC schools fear of a successful G5 coach hire that ends up being a one and done and going to the P5.

However, it could happen. I think the next TV contract is going to show that there is a third level in college football. P5, AAC, G5 and we will be closer to the P5 (P6) than the G5 conferences. Not in $s, but in performance.

All indications from news reports and available information is the AAC is going to get tweener money in the $7M - $8M per school range as well. It will soldify this conference’s place above the G4.

Honestly, I really like this conference. Destination cities, good competition. Good football, basketball, and baseball programs.

3 Likes

As far ass bball goes the aac is stacked

2 Likes

7-8M is still too low in my books. Unless we are getting an automatic bid to a major bowl and better scheduling, I would want 10M minimum. If the current trend continues, AAC has proven to be just as good as the “P5s” and can bring in the views.

Prepare to be disappointed. All the contracts will be shrunk in the next cycle. The fact that ours will grow will be against the trend.

2 Likes

I agree. I’ll also add that it’s better than the Big 12 destinations.

1 Like

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-scott-frost-mike-riley-coach-candidates

Rittenberg said on The Bottom Line with the Omaha World-Herald’s Mike’l Severe that Nebraska has been in touch with Central Florida officials about Frost, the former Nebraska quarterback who is excelling in his second season as a head coach. Frost signed an extension through 2021 in May, so any team looking to hire Frost would have to buy him out of his UCF contract.

Also, the latest is that Florida is going to hire Chip Kelly and that Jon Gruden is calling around to coaches trying to put together a staff to coach at Tennessee.

2 Likes

I really like Gruden. He seems like a good guy to have a beer with and talk football.

Have no idea if he will have success. Luckily for him the SEC Least is one of the worst divisions in the Power6.

Going to depend a lot on his staff and how patient Vols fans will be. NFL coaches usually struggle at first when trying to make the transition and Gruden hasn’t even coached, much less coach college, in quite awhile.

Not sure it’s the hire I’d make, but he is a “name” I guess. Think they’d do better with someone like Norvell who is already recruiting the area and can implement a high-powered offense immediately.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bret Beilima in the AAC. I liked him at Wisconsin.