AAC Hoops! 2022-23 season

Didn’t they give both the football and basketball coaches an extension last year? Now the football coach is gone… basketball coach to follow?

Not concerned with the AAC. We knew they would suck. We just need to hammer. UCF does just enough every year to make you think they can win something. But they won’t. Cincy is a hot mess. I don’t know why we ever think SMU is that good in basketball. They win a few games but they ain’t tourney ball. Tulane can’t rebound or play D. Marshall WaS Wichita basketball. This guy isn’t a worthy replacement.

Teams are gonna try to bomb us into submission. I suspect we’ll get a wild game every four or five nights.

4 Likes

If another team can dominate the rest of the AAC not named Houston they may have a shot.

Tulane should at least be fun to watch, but a big non conference win will help.
I agree Cincinnati has talent on paper. Temple has some pieces but not sure it is enough. Memphis and SMU should at least round out the top half of the conference.

If you look at early results, this year is not going according to plan. 4 SWAC teams beating 4 PAC-12 teams. We pound TSU, TSU beats Arizona State. ASU pounds Michigan. UNC barely beating opponents. This week alone, the teams ranked number 2,4,5,7, and, 8 have all lost.

Just because the AAC sucks now, doesn’t mean they will all year.

4 Likes

I mean, yes college basketball is always a ton of chaos. However the conference is just flat out not good. Memphis has the talent but is always a wild card under Penny. Outside of that I don’t see any other tournament teams. I think us and Memphis are it

The AAC comes down to:

Houston
Memphis (they just want to beat us once to help their tourney resume)
Cincy (they could pull it together to be a bubble team)

2 Likes

UCF had an impressive win over Oklahoma State last night. It will be a fair conference but Oregon and Alabama will show where we are.

1 Like

OSU isn’t that good IMO.

2 Likes

And apparently Virginia

Virginia looked good and road games are tough.

Although Virginia got extra time to rest before their Baylor game because the campus shooting canceled their previous game.
And they played at a neutral site.

1 Like

Natty is what matters but UH #142 SOS right now w AAC looking grim.

The post season ban hanging over for 2 seasons hurt. Done now.

1 Like

I agree. Those bans kill you

All those transfers for SMU haven’t done didly

@pesik

*Ricardo Wight -Marist

*Xavier Foster - Iowa St

*Ambrose Hylton- Alabama

Williamson & Odigie-decent production.

Just have struggled to score. Still have games against A&M, TCU, Arizona St and Iona.

2 Likes

Saint Louis was up double digits over Memphis most of that game.
The Bilikins lost by almost 30 to Maryland.
Guess Memphis doesn’t have a good loss yet.

1 Like

Don’t forget we play at Virginia!
Temple, UCF and Tulane should all be decent also

2 Likes

If we’re gonna beat Virginia at their place I think Shead needs to shoot the ball effectively. We have the talent but its gonna take more than that. We don’t know yet but Virginia could conceivably be the best team we play all year, including the tourney.

Or, they might be a middle of the pack ACC team. I hope we’re mentally prepared for the former.

Damn that’s gonna be an exciting game. Probably the most exciting thing since AZ last year.

Tulsa down 19 to Murray St

Hey……they beat that juggernaut a$m :sunglasses:.