AAC Tourney Central

Sears starting?

Has not started all year and endurance not built up…. If the pregame line ups are correct, I don’t get why the change of roles?

1 Like

Boys what strength of alcohol do you recommend to get through these games?

3 Likes

Maybe Todd woke up this morning and thinks this is women’s softball, and will have Sears pitch every inning until we win the tournament or are eliminated.

6 Likes

Clown move by CTW.

3 Likes

1-0 Coogs
Back/back doubles

1-0 T2

Good, timely hitting. Go Coogs!

Gonna take lot of hitting. Im thinking min of 6 runs.

Sears starting game 1. Mmkay.

1 Like

Joaquin Andujar said it best. One word describes baseball —— you never know.

2 Likes

1-0. B2

My best Anduhar quote:
They asked him if it was too Hot?
He says— " too heat ?, I’ve haven’t had 2 heats (hits) in a month" !! :rofl::smile::joy:

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard that one. I remember that the pitchers would wear a warm-up jacket when they ran the bases. Someone had come up with the idea of just having a sleeve that the pitcher would wear on his throwing arm while running the bases. I remember Andujar would put it on his non-throwing left arm. He was quite a character.

1 Like

Yes, i remember him doing that. He was hilarious. Had some really good yrs w Cardinals after he left the Stros. Won a WS.

HR by Shockers. 2-1

Sears starting experiment failing so far… he just hasn’t done well when hitters get multiple looks at him this year (e.g., pitching in b2b games). Not sure what logic was to start him.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1529275809818714113?t=BeHVRexR7AngBqUGUvDzsw&s=19

Sears has not been solid for the last month. He’s a closer. And you start him in game 1? Just a crazy head scratcher. And the results are definitely not surprising! At a loss for how to understand?!?!?!

6 Likes

And TW over used him big time. He would actually try to use him for 7,8, 9th inn few times.
8 & 9th too many times too count. Makes Sears less effective obviously.

2 Likes

Insanity is a hard thing to understand.

2 Likes

Dang just go ahead and put us out of our misery and get the search started early

6 Likes