AAC vs Big 12

Well the the problem is that league earns about 15% of the revenue of the league we are moving too…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll eat crow on the seeding. Definitely thought we’d have slid further from the Temple loss. Sure some of that is a credit to our previous teams performance. Still think the move will offer plenty of benefits.

1 Like

Yep I was wrong too. But I’ll take it! Beat UCF

2 Likes

If this was after yesterdays travesty then I’m glad to be wrong about thinking we needed someone like KU to fall apart to salvage a 1 seed lmao.

Glad we are getting more respect than ever before

2 Likes

We don’t know for sure. I bet we’ll have critics questioning whether we deserve a 1 seed “with that loss to Temple”

1 Like

And UH is still #1 in the Net.

2 Likes

So yea, that is an insane take. Every Big 12 game is quad 1 or 2. It’s fantastic as it means you can get into the tournament by only defending home court. Go 8-1 at home and your in the tournament. Last year, ISU went 7-11 and made the tournament. Plus all those loses pay off in March. 7-11 ISU was a sweet 16 team. Steel sharpens steel.

1 Like

If you go 12-6 in the AAC with a 0-2 quad 1 record, Dayton is the best case scenario.

defending home court against top 10 teams…
Sampson has indirectly agreed with my take in like 5 interviews …

there are tournament caliber teams in the big12 tha wont make the tournament… the ucf with 2 q4 losss playing without 3 starter is well positioned to make the tournament …

Rookie mistake and the refs take over again

Unreal Shead. We need to get our composure back

We can not stand prosperity

Don’t think UCF is well positioned to make the tourney at all. And if we’re doing the hypothetical right, UCF would only have 1 q4 loss if they played a Big 12 schedule this year.

well position is likely to strong of a wording , but they are about 10 spots outside of a bid…and simple winning game they are favored to will get them a bid. and no they wouldnt be in this positon in the big 12

Technically they can get the autobid and make it if we lay another egg like we did to Temple but I’d say us and Memphis are the only at-large contenders rn

Of the 10 teams currently in the big12,6 made it and 4 didn’t in 2022.

Later once Texas and OU leave , we would take texas’ usual spot and maybe the big 12 gets 7 in so I like our chances so your post is right. There’s more respect in a loss in that league. Plus like said, we pretty much have to be tops or 2nd in the aac which is still tough and tougher to sustain longterm.

contender or “in” they are definitely contenders … espns latest brackotology has them listed at teams being considered …with them favored in 9 of their remaining 10 games … simply winnning 8 of their remaining 10 and they are likely a comfortable bid… ucf isnt not clos to reliant on auto bid yet

1 Like

Seeing that they alr beat Memphis once and they are back in the 30s on NET (also helpful for us) there is a scenario where UCF gets 3 regular season Q1 wins

But its a longshot to compared what Memphis has to do.

Bracket matrix showed them in 1 bracket before today. They have 1 q1 opportunity currently on the schedule. They could potentially pick another up one if they make the AACT semis. I don’t envy their situation. I doubt WVU or OU do either. They’re dangerously close to win out mode imo.