AI poem about Phi Slama Jama

From my brother:
Preston tried out ChatGPT today. He asked it to “wrote an epic poem about Phi Slama Jama” and he got this back within seconds:

The Cougars of Houston,
A team like no other,
Phi Slama Jama,
A name known to all.

With Clyde leading the charge,
And Hakeem blocking shots,
They played with heart and soul,
Leaving all their opponents in knots.

From the high-flying dunks,
To the lightning-fast breaks,
They left their opponents in awe,
Their skills and talent on full display.

Through the roar of the crowd,
They battled on the court,
Leaving it all on the line,
In their quest for the championship fort.

But alas, it was not to be,
As they fell just short of the prize,
Their journey ended in defeat,
But their legacy will forever rise.

So here’s to Phi Slama Jama,
The team that will always shine,
Their spirit and determination,
An inspiration to all time.

17 Likes

Awesome — A+

I too am on a quest for the championship fort

3 Likes

Excellent learning opportunity for the AI programmers at ChatGPT because this is BAD poetry. The sentiment is A+ but the poetry itself isn’t.

1 Like

Nice but man screw that! Kill that machine! AI is scary. They’re gonna do us like the Geth did the Quarians (Mass Effect reference)! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grimacing: :astonished: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

T800.gif.

3 Likes

So while my pizza was cooking i registered at https://chat.openai.com/chat and asked

“limerick about phi slama jama”

There once was a team called Phi Slama Jama
They could jump higher than a llama
They would slam and jam
And win every game they had
This team was really quite a drama

Pizza’s done…

1 Like

I agree. No rhythm, questionable rhymes.

FYI.
Believe it or not, Elon Musk is scared of AI.
Said it maybe biggest threat to civilization.

1 Like

Second best poem of all time. Falls just short of my favorite poet, Judge Smails.

7 Likes

“4 paragraphs on the history of University of Houston Head Football Coach Bill Yeoman”

Several Errors in reply — Wikipedia has Coach born in Indiana in 1927. No mention below of playing at West Point. Coach did not pass away in 2013. 2nd paragraph seems all wrong.

Bill Yeoman was the head football coach at the University of Houston from 1962 to 1986. He was born on May 6, 1924 in Omaha, Nebraska. Yeoman attended the University of Nebraska where he played football as a fullback and earned his bachelor’s degree in physical education in 1946.

After graduation, Yeoman served in the military for a year before beginning his coaching career at his alma mater as an assistant coach. In 1952, he became the head coach at Hastings College in Nebraska and led the team to a conference championship in his first season.

In 1962, Yeoman was hired as the head football coach at the University of Houston. During his tenure at Houston, he led the Cougars to numerous conference championships and bowl game appearances. Yeoman is credited with developing the “Veer” offense, a highly successful offensive system that was adopted by many other teams.

Yeoman retired from coaching in 1986 with a career record of 160-108-8. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2001 and the University of Houston Athletic Hall of Honor in 2003. Yeoman passed away on April 27, 2013 at the age of 88.

Looks like some of that writing came from old sports articles… maybe the ai scans coogfans for wisdom?

1 Like

CBY played football at ATM and West Point. He was an assistant at Michigan St. when we hired him.

2 Likes

Michigan State under Duffey

1 Like

corrected, thank you.

1 Like