ALABAMA PREVIEW - CBS SPORTS

early december would clear him for our game (Dec 10th) having quinerly drastically changes them and how good they can be

if im honest think we win by 15+ (min) without quinerly… they guards arent that worriesome (wit the level of our perimeter defense) …they are small so we’ll be able to have jarace/j’wan lineups without issue and they are a bad rebounding team . their offense is just jacking up 3s (even from the bigs) but most of them are dynamic … 1 on 1 we can matchup with them easily, jarace can stay with miller at the perimeter …and we can beat them on the boards

with jq its different… we struggled to guard him 1 on 1 in the 1st matchup, he’d beat someone off the dribble, and when the help came he’d swing it to the open shooter, or hockey assist to another shooter (on our defense trying to shift), and he is good at setting them up in transitions very quickly… imo he was the sole reason they scored so much on us… they had other scorer but the others our guys could hold in check especially if they wrent worried about helping others

I seem to remember a lot of freethrows helping them score as well…

3 Likes

We will beat them in the dirt either way, revenge game, we will be fired up lol

true… but like 55-60 of their 81pts were directly (scored or assisted) or indirectly (hockey assist) connected to JQ

his speed, passing acumen and ability to full speed launch a transition immediately after a rebound gave us hell… if he doesnt play i think we blow them out…with him the game would be drastically different… the rest of the roster are good shooters who arent dynamic off the dribble (We can guard), if JQ plays and starts beating guys off the dribble and getting guys shots it could be more competitive…

2 Likes

Quinerly won’t be back to his old self in early December though so I’m not sure his impact would be that huge. If the game was a month later I could see it

1 Like

Let’s not forget the enormous home court advantage Alabama had last year. And that wasn’t just true against us. They’re going to have a really tough time at Fertitta.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AlabamaMBB/status/1586449961176162304?s=20

Brandon Miller, so fast for his size. Idk, if Jwan can guard a guy like this.

We may have to guard him with Mark and/or Arceneaux.

They also had some home cooking NBA style calls. Gosh that league is so rigged!

1 Like

We out played them enough to be up 10 at the half last season. They punched us in the mouth getting down court but we really dominated them after the first 10 min. Then of course they got the worst two no calls of the game to be gifted the victory.

2 Likes

Ain’t gonna lie, I want to roll them. Not happy about the way it worked last year.

7 Likes

Agree. I’m stilled miffed off about Michigan! I want some payback for that too!

5 Likes

Miller was ranked 14th in class of 2022.

https://247sports.com/player/brandon-miller-46086324/