Alabama Transfer- Eyabi Anoma

A Hall of Honor would be a great idea!

At the old Rob there was a display of honored players under the scoreboard. Ed left a sour taste in my mouth so I’m not so quick to see him honored. Give him a few years.

Look into the future, Doc! The answers are there

Southwest conference and visa championship banners would be neat as well.

1 Like

Yeah, it really sucks Ed didn’t risk his long term earning potential playing hurt for Major Applewhite and Mark D’Onofrio.

13 Likes

Yup!

1 Like

Hall / Ring /Walk of Honor is much better than retiring numbers. It should be based solely on their actual contributions to UH Football lore. What they end up doing or not doing in the NFL should be irrelevant.

1 Like

I agree.

So does Eyabi has to red shirt or not? Anybody, anybody?

7 Likes

Yes likely have to sit this season and have 3 to play 3.

Applewhite’s poor level of performance as our coach boggles my mind. It seems almost possible that
he did not care.

Did you honestly expect anything less from a hire that involved a Longhorn
and one that inherited a program that was carrying a ton of momentum?

I’m not surprised what happened at all
bad coach
our momentum stalled
I’m hoping CDH gets the momentum back and takes us to new heights and for a LONGER amount of time!

1 Like

Applewhite = don’t ever underestimate the power of immaturity
The more I look back on what he was to our program the more it seems how immature he really is, he was just way over his head being a HC
If we do in fact turn it around this year then we will be very lucky to have turned this around so quickly

1 Like

What has always baffled me is how he convinced TF and RK that he was the guy for the job !!!

I know they were pissed at Herman, but what on earth convinced them that he was capable.

IMHO, not having a seasoned AD ( think Dave Maggard) hurt UH at this critical time.

8 Likes

I remember one thing TF said as to why he was impressed with Major was the staff he was going to assemble. Of course, hindsight being 20/20 we know his staff shouldn’t have been a selling point.

2 Likes

Reading this on my phone and scrolling up and after I read the last few replies made me question if I accidentally clicked the wrong thread.

He started the interview with “I know you’re putting in a very school friendly buy out, and I will sign anything you put in front of me.”

Like I have said before, the hiring of Apple Boy gave me the same sinking feeling as when we hired Drexler.

At his press conference, I knew we were in trouble with Apple Boy when he told us over and over what a winner he was !! Winners don’t have to tell you they are winners !!

2 Likes

I am very happy with the Applewhite hire because it led us to hiring Dana who has impressed the heck out of me.

3 Likes

I am glad we finally got around to breaking down the Applewhite hire and what his and his staff’s shortcomings were.

6 Likes