Alabama Transfer- Eyabi Anoma

Another 5* , we need a couple of these every year

5 Likes

CDH is doing work!!!

7 Likes

You can never have too many good pass rushers. Its like pitching in baseball you never can get enough.

11 Likes

All these guys are gonna have at least a year to train and learn the system. Several will play this season. The 2020 team is going to be freaking sick as long as we have QB covered.

With the transfer movement we are seeing, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a top grad transfer QB in the spring.

It’s time to get very, very excited about the future of UH football.

9 Likes

Brad, I think we have ample talent in house and I expect to sign a couple of quality QB’s this season. However, you never know if we will pick up another transfer. The thing is, we can only give up so many spots to transfers, especially 1 year guys, because they take a spot in the class that could be given to a 4 year player. This group of transfers was to shore up spots of need. I hope we don’t have to keep that up much longer. Now, I’m sure we can find room for these 5* Alabama type transfers.

6 Likes

Out of all the transfers we have brought in, two are 1 year guys. We’re bringing in transfers with multiple years left. Some have three years left. 1 has all 4 years left. It’s incredible what Dana is doing.

13 Likes

I’ll raise you one. All of this work is being done without winning a single game. Just wait until our guys bring the AAC championship back home and a NY6 trophy!

6 Likes

And, this year’s football team is going to surprise some folks!

7 Likes

Dana said that recruiting is a year around thing and that transfers are a big part of that. Gone are the days of waiting for national signing day and expecting a bunch of high school guys with a few jr college mixed in. Some of you may have trouble getting your head around that.

8 Likes

Alabama Football reporter

@mzenitz 10 min
Some late night football news: Former Alabama outside linebacker Eyabi Anoma has committed to Houston, per sources.

Has been on campus there since yesterday. Still needs to be cleared by the university but that’s expected to happen, per sources.

14 Likes

Damn

2 Likes

That is wild! My eye was twitching this week after that 5* RB committed to that school up north. I’ll take a LB over an RB anyday.

3 Likes

Sounds like he may have some issues to get ironed out. Hopefully he does and can contribute to the team this season. He could be a nice addition.

Great get, talent wise. It’s like an Ed Oliver at the linebacker position. But I am a bit concerned about those “University level” issues that he had at Bama.

“This season” ?

1 Like

If he was kicked out of Bama is he able to start here immediately?

No. NCAA doesn’t want guys acting out in order to move easily.

1 Like

Gotcha. Makes sense. Hopefully he can straighten up.

2 Likes

They’re going to try to get a waiver for him. No idea if it will be successful.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/eyabi-anoma-houston-transfer/amp

Summary of other reports only. No confirmation yet.

1 Like