Game 10: #8 Alabama vs #1 Houston - December 10th, 2022- 2PM (L 65-71)

It is not being a Debbie downer pointing out that our arena will not do a good job of colors by section based on some social media releases

2 Likes

I do not know how other arena’s make it work, a personal call or do they hold your hand?
It is three weeks out, maybe there are other ways they will contact students and ticket holders.
Even in a Black Out game you do not get 100% but if the idea is there it will look good on National TV.

1 Like

they have shirts waiting in seats.

5 Likes

Agreed this is how pros and big time colleges get the buy in. Make it easy. If the cost is really the issue have canes or someone sponsor it. And if the coogs win you gotta wear the shirt to go claim your box combo or whatever.

2 Likes

Let’s do this!!! Time to change our culture and put the team first over our own preferences.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/1593710639750561801?t=UZQENsWDLqEZMzfjPEwQSw&s=19

Doing everyday until game day

5 Likes

Good grief. I wear red so my section should better be red, and it is. It’s a high school idea to begin with.

2 Likes

Too many Debbie downers makes for a zero game experience. They want to watch the game as if they went to watch opera. Go watch opera but in a college basketball, be loud, stand and support the team.

13 Likes

Be an aggie . . . . . NOPE

3 Likes

Here is an idea why doesnt a wealthy donor or a partner company that sponsors UH pay to put a red or white shirt in each Fertitta Center seat according to the designated section color. It be a good marketing tool

3 Likes

Idk. Ive seen other fan bases standing alot during games.

For that 2 hour window on a Saturday, i hope there’s not a lot of sitting down

Its basically the Memphis game, last season, BUT Alabama could be ranked quite high when they come here

I’m trying to do my part not just financially. I don’t want us to just see other schools have fun and do the cool stuff. Idk when the good times will be paused so I’m trying to take advantage of the little time we have on earth.

I just want everyone to commit to doing the silly things because you never know who that might inspire or when it’ll pause. Maybe it’s not important or a big deal to some but just be a team player.

2 Likes

Did you read my post to say it’s not a good idea, because I clearly said it was. But based on our fan base and social media engagement, my opinion is it would be hard to get significant participation unless they provide the shirts. My section is red and I’ll wear red like I do every game. I don’t own a white shirt so I’m glad my section isn’t white.

2 Likes

Being a “team player” is not always the best idea. Just ask Patricia Krenwinkel and Leslie Van Houten . . . . .

I’ll be accepting donations for knee braces from all of you who stand up and block my view of the court . . . . .

1 Like

Explain please

Just about every black out in football and basketball, I show up with a black shirt only to be overwhelmed by red shirts. Either fans don’t do social media or they just say I am wearing my lucky red shirt

Signed,

Debbie Downer’s Depressing Dad

1 Like

Speaking of Debbie Downer’s I bet $1 Pearland sits right smack in the middle of a white section with a bright red shirt.

1 Like

This would look s cool, if we could pull it off. I don’t have much trust in our fans to actually do so though. I hope they can find a way to put shirts on the seats.

Since people are apparently sitting where they want, this will be tough. :laughing:

2 Likes

Has nothing to do with this discussion and pretty sure not too many can compete with my loyalties through the years to UH.

2 Likes