Am I Missing something

To Dallas to watch the coogs!!

1 Like

Can’t blame him for that folks. We all want a raise

1 Like

That is a good one sidelines!

“enjoy the moment rather than let your paranoid fears destroy it for you” we can frame that.

Don’t we always reload coaches?

Personally I think Briles is our next head coach.

Make him the highest paid G5 OC.

Some are predicting Coogs vs USC in bowl game.
Headline: two former UH QBs square-off on the gridiron.

1 Like

Can we stop with this topic?

2 Likes

I would support your decision to lock this thread down.

2 Likes

If all we ever do is worry about coaching changes, then what’s the point?

Why in the world would he go to Italy to coach crap players playing crap football.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic. I hope he doesn’t go anywhere

Applewhite to Florida State
lololololololololol9lolololololol

Just keep your loyalty with UH instead of the coaches, otherwise you end up being like those ones that just wait for bad plays to happen instead of just enjoying the good plays.

4 Likes

I think Coach Yeoman was a really good coach (if the HOF means anything to you) and he was a lifer who could have gone elsewhere to big name programs many times. Ditto for Frank Beamer at Va. Tech and Bill Snyder at K State. Fortunately not everyone measures success the same way you do. I personally hope CMA is more in the Yeoman mold than the Herman mold. And, if he moves on and Briles were to get the job, I would hope the same for him.

I could have gone to other companies for more money and have been approached, unsolicited, on several occasions. But, I am happy where I am and saw no advantage in leaving. In the end, I have been rewarded for sticking where I am. There is a lot to be said for being happy and enjoying one’s situation. I think it’s worth more than a few bucks an hour for leaving.

2 Likes

Who would that be ?

Yeoman operated in a system where higher education still held clout over athletic departments. It was before gargantuan TV contracts and before athletic departments began operating as self-supporting businesses. I don’t think there are any more Yeomans. Even Saban has shown he’ll jump ship if the money is right.

Patterson and a few others may be the exception. Coaches aren’t professionals anymore. They’re celebrities with market value.

I think King is better than Ward and it isn’t even close.

2 Likes

Clay Helton vs Kendal, right?

1 Like

That’s your opinion. Who is better, King or Ward, is subject to debate; but it IS close either way. I just say, they are both great Coogs.

2 Likes

My opinion is that DK is better than GW due to being a more accurate passer down field but they are both dynamic players.

1 Like

I cannot say one is better than the other. GW did great in the offense he operated in and brought UH back to relevance. He was a playmaker just like DK.

If you listen to D’Eriq, he talks very fast which means his thought process is fast and that compliments his physical attributes, speed, quickness. He fits perfectly in this Briles up tempo offense. Oh and did I mention he has a strong arm.

Both quarterbacks are on my UH QB Mount Rushmore.