Anyone still bummed out?

Yep. One of my friends passed away Sunday; just made me realized it was a game… We’ll get a few more chances to go to the tournament.

I’m actually hyped to see what type of recruiting class, Coach Sampson brings in the Fall.

1 Like

By far, the loss to NC State was the most devastating sports moment (pro or college) I have ever experienced as a fan. I sat in front of the TV after it ended for I don’t know how long refusing to believe what I had just seen. The Cotton Bowl loss to Notre Dame was hard to take as well.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Progs. Good perspective.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss progs

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1112816583271960576

2 Likes

It comes with the territory for a team that never gives up. I doubt you would rather our last two tourney losses be double digit blowouts.

1 Like

Being a fan can be tough but I’ve found that I don’t carry the pain around for very long unlike I did when I was younger. I get busy doing something I enjoy, avoid the stories for a day and all’s good.

I was waiting for my train into Penn Station from Jersey on Friday morning and a couple noticed my UH shirt and we had a great conversation on the half hour ride. They were not alums but had watched some games and loved how our kids played. That’s the sort of stuff that would never happened even a couple of years ago so I can’t be upset considering where we are today.

11 Likes

Sorry to hear Progs.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Progs. Hope you are OK.

1 Like

Made it one step further than last year, now on the the Dance for the third year in a row!

3 Likes

I’ll be really interested to see where we start in the rankings next season after this run. Anyone want to venture a guess? I’m going to say 15.

1 Like

Thats where we really should be ranked…but my guess will be somwhere between 20-25.

1 Like

Probably so. Although, Nevada got some pretty favorable ranking treatment this year. They started off #7 in the AP and #9 in the Coaches after going 27-7 and losing to #11 Loyola-Chicago in the Sweet 16 the year before.

1 Like

Agree…really should have been us in their spot this year.

But the difference was they were returning basically everyone.

They will ding UH for losing two major contributors in Galen and Davis. I do think Top 25 is in play if Sampson is here though.

3 Likes

Good point. As long as we can start out ranked somewhere, we can move up quickly since voters will already be paying attention.

And yes, I know the AP and Coaches don’t matter as much anymore. Although, I do think recruits pay attention to these things.

3 Likes

Did the same with a shoe!!!

1 Like

Last play of Michigan and NC State were eerily similar . . . . .

1 Like

Personally witnessed both events from the stand in the event centers. Down near the goal line for ND and IMHO, our QB had kept the ball and turned it up field, he might still be running and ND would never had an opportunity to score the final touchdown. As for the State game, I seem to remember a NCState player almost running our PG down from behind while stealing the ball right near the end of the game. As usual, the Bozofficial could not operate his whistle and as a result, well, you know what the result was . . . . .

I’m over it and still basking in the glow of a great season – an unexpected great season. It took me about 30 years to get over the NC State loss, because I know we were the better team and should have won that game. I look at the UK loss as to a team with better players that we dang near beat because our kids played their hearts out. Who could ask for anything more?

5 Likes