AP Poll

They beat a ranked OU team and as Shaggy mentioned, the media wants UT to be relevant again.

2 Likes

I see he is from Baltimore. Maybe he was at the game. That’s about the only way someone would vote for us at this point I think.

Yes I think that if they can beat USC, TCU and OU they can absolutely beat UCF.

I doubt that, but I do think we need to go pedal to the metal and beat them by double digits in order to get significant attention. USF isn’t ranked higher than 20 because they are barely scraping by in their wins. The voters see that, although they probably are only looking at scores. If we want attention, we need to blow them out of the water.

1 Like

We beat Navy and we will be close to in the top 25. We beat USF and we will be in, bout not in the teens. I am hoping to be the top ranked non - BS team to (yes I said BS) and go big bowling.

2 Likes

Whorns can also lose to Maryland. Right now, I think UT vs UCF would be a toss up.

2 Likes

UCF would kick UT’s ass. USC and TCU are mediocre, and UT consistently comes close to losing to inferior opponents (see Tulsa, K State and Baylor).

There’s only one team in the country that UCF would have next-to-no shot of beating - Alabama.

1 Like

The only team UCF has played so far that could hang with either USC or TCU is Memphis and UCF won by 1 point. I don’t think the game would be as one-sided as you make it sound, not that I don’t wish a good whipping on UT especially by a member of our conference.

1 Like

Notre Dame is in a lot of projected CFP brackets right now.

UCF and Notre Dame have a common opponent - Pitt.

UCF 45
Pitt 14

ND 19
Pitt 14

I think UCF would kick Notre Dame’s ass too.

1 Like

No one said they would absolutely, without a doubt, beat UCF.

The question posed was could they. And yes if they can indeed handle those three teams they have the ability to beat almost any team in the country in my mind. Doesn’t make it fact.

win out and we are top 15.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: both UCF and USF are overrated. If we can beat them both, are we a top 10 team?

Yep

Nope

4 Likes

Agreed.

I’d be careful to saying that. The last time they played UCF won and Bama refuse to play them again.

We’re not going into the teens for beating USF.

UCF is not overrated.

USF is overrated.

UCF would put at least 35 on UT.

USF and Cincy will both come close to falling out by season’s end.

We will end up in final top 25 by being fortunate enough to be in west and maybe beating UCF.

Caveat: AAC bowl disasters

For your information you did.
ab·so·lute·ly
ˈabsəˌl(y)o͞otlē,ˌabsəˈl(y)o͞otlē/
adverb

1. 1.with no qualification, restriction, or limitation; totally.
    “she trusted him absolutely”
    synonyms: completely, totally, utterly, perfectly, entirely, wholly, fully, quite, thoroughly, unreservedly;
    definitely, certainly, positively, unconditionally, categorically, unquestionably, undoubtedly, without (a) doubt, without question, surely, unequivocally; exactly, precisely, decisively, conclusively, manifestly, in every way, in every respect, one hundred percent, every inch, to the hilt;

We’d put 35 on UTA as well. Neither UCF, UTA, or UH are top 10 teams. You’re not a top top 10 team giving up that many points.

UCF is only ranked that high because of last season + remaining undefeated

2 Likes

As they should be
their last loss was in 2016 in the bowl game
they have the right to be a top 5 team.

1 Like