AP Poll

We’ll find out rather soon if they are a top 5-10 team.

1 Like

ucf should be a top five team. rating are subjective. Any time a team go 18-0 they deserve to be rated in the top ten. ucf beat auburn, and p5 teams they face.

Would they be 18-0 in the ACC or SEC?

ACC possibly. SEC maybe 2 losses our so since they would be in the east.

If they go undefeated let them play in the championship series, and we will see.

1 Like

The rich get richer, put the shoe on the other foot. if this was houston 18-0. The P5 will treat Houston the same, we should not treat ucf like they don’t belong

4 Likes

I think it’s silly to project top 4 with 6 weeks of upsets ahead of us. In the previous 4 years 17 P5 teams were undefeated week 10 (first week of CFP polls) and only 3 of those teams were undefeated after championship week. (final CFP poll)

1 Like

They deserve their ranking but they won’t make the playoff because those spots go to the best teams over the last 11 games. UCF can’t effectively argue that case this year.

“Not bloody likely”!

“Who are you quoting”?

Jerry Seinfeld.

That’s strictly projection. Wanting to be ranked that high(Coogs) and actually being that good are two different topics. Yes we’d be in the same place but anyone that thinks this team, with this secondary and how we’ve played up and down this season is top 5-10, would be drinking too much Coog kool-aide. Legit contenders would expose us. UCF is no different. We would be set up to fail and the media would push the “G5 isn’t as good as P5 teams” narrative. That’s false, we can be, but some teams are too good this year to beat whether they play P5 or G5 opponents.

Ok. Name all the teams up top that they would beat. I’ll give you my picks first.

1.Bama(nope)
2.Clemson(maybe) But are they even a top 5 team?
3.ND(maybe) They are not a top 5 team
4.Ohio State(no)
5.LSU(no)
6. Michigan(nope)
7.UTA(yes) They are not a top 10 team
8.Georgia (no)
9. Oklahoma (no)

I think UCF is around 15 or 16.

There are some teams behind them that I don’t think they would beat either.
Oregon and West Virgina.

Bold prediction: UCF will lose to Temple.

First of all we are talking about one big game, remember fsu vs hou, ucf vs baylor,
ucf vs auburn, maybe you and a whole lot of other people said the underdog would not win, but they won. So a big YES, UCF could beat OKL, Georgia, LSU, Ohio, and other.
So let UCF advance and play. If they can’t hole water then we will Know. But a team that wins 20 plus games in a row UCF need to be seen and heard. Let the Polls put up or
shut the H UP!

Wouldn’t surprise me, but I think UCF pulls it out at the end. But what if Temple upsets Cincy AND UCF? Then it’s UH vs Temple for the title and maybe Boise or Fresno gets the NY6 bid!? What do you think?

1 Like

Did you see what Temple next 4 games are? home cin, at ucf, at hou, home usf, one of the toughest four game stretch in FBS. Temple will go 1-3 maybe. Will not beat UCF.

I think they go 2-2. lose to UCF and us.

1 Like

One big game does not make you a top team. That’s the point. The question is can they replicate it? This UCF team is also not as good as that Peach Bowl team.

I’m not saying Temple is a world beater this year or they are even a top 20 team. But can they beat UCF? I think they can, and that would strengthen my point of UCF not being a top 5-10 team. There’s so much projecting going on it’s embarrassing. It helps to be objective in these instances.

Maybe. But I’d think we’d still get the NY6. If we win out, we’re going to be ranked before the AAC-CCG. I think that would be enough to get us the bowl.

Yea ND is another UT, in that the pollsters always want them to be relevant. I have seen that time and time again. ND gets ranked top 10 depicts having a poor record the year prior and then boom!, lose. Uh, we need more Pro UH or AAC in power positions

1 Like

I think UCF will beat Temple, but it will be a good game. If that game were being played at Temple, I’d likely pick Temple for the upset. I’m still not sold on Cincy. It’s going to be interesting to see what they can do @Temple this week.

2 Likes