AP Poll

You can’t accuse someone of being biased and then come up with comments like that. Take it down a notch brother.

Lol Have you seen him throw? It’s rather bad.

EDIT: Weakest arm in the AAC. This I know.

Have you watched the other 180 QBs that have thrown a football this year? If you want to say he has a below average arm, it’s hard to argue but “the weakest in the country” is a bit much. Don’t care about the teams Memphis has faced, 67.6%, 9.5 yards per attempt, 15 TDs and 1 INT is not terrible even if they played UConn 6 times.

Sorry, just getting a bit of PTSD on this board lately. So many times nothing seems to fall in the gray area. King is the best QB of all time. Johnson is the worst tackler in the country.

Just scroll up a bit and you get to see one person say that Houston is the only P5 caliber team in the conference and the rest are mostly crap and supports it with “the SEC is good and the AAC is not good” as the fact of their argument.

1 Like

I swear we could win a game 70 to 0 but if we gave up 500 yards on defense, there would be complaints after the game that it could have been 100 to 0 if the defense gave up less first downs.

Are we not familiar with hyperbole? Sheesh!

And most of those games White was throwing screens to WRs and RBs. 400 of those yards went to RBs. Memphis is not a vertical offense this year ,and his arm is a liability is what I should have said. I’ve watched a enough on White to understand that his 67.6% is not better than King’s 63%. One dinks and dunks and the other airs it out, which would make for harder completions. “Situations Matter”(context) by Sam Sommers is a great book, you should check it out.

You should probably not go into every discussion with your mind made up that people are saying the same thing as previous discussions.

Are you saying that this is how I, others, or how you feel? I’m lost…

Fun question: How high would UH and UCF need to be ranked in the CFP poll before the conference championship game for UCF to still be selected for a NY6 bowl if they lose to us? 2 AAC teams in NY6 bowls!!

If your team is ranked 7th in passing efficiency, is there a reason to change the game plan? If dink and dunk gets you 9.5 yards per attempt, why air it out?

I think it’s more in the neighborhood of whiplash. Does this board have a standard concussion protocol?

lol For how long? Against who? Then Tulsa shows up on your schedule and those passing plays are going to be even harder to come by. Context & Adjustments>Non-Advanced Analytics

Edit: If you’ve watched White throw, you should come to the conclusion that they aren’t dinking and dunking because they have that choice. Show me where he attempts a pass longer than 30 yards downfield. However, they didn’t beat UCF by passing the ball( my original point as to why UCF has trouble); they beat UCF by running. As far as Memphis, what defenses have they played that are legitimate enough to pat their offense on the back? Mercer? Navy? Georgia Southern? South Alabama? Uconn? As soon as they played a head coach that was capable of making adjustments (Fritz):

• They lost 40-24
  • Their leading WR only had 67 yards
  • Their bread and butter (Henderson) only had 51 yards rushing with the long being a 43 yarder.

Both Memphis and UCF are limited. But my original point was UCF is limited because they lost to a Memphis team that strictly ran over them. UCF couldn’t stop a team that was relatively one-dimensional.

You are whistling in the wind trying to have a rational discussion with the master of the “strawman “ !!

1 Like

If you say that about UCF, then what do you say about Texas who struggled against Tulsa and Kansas State… Are they top 10 worthy???

2 Likes

We all know why they are in the top 10…

$$$$$$ LHN $$$$$$$ LHN $$$$$$$$$$$$

5 Likes

I think Boise & TCU were in the top 10 when they both played a BCS bowl together…

You haven’t even mentioned how much junior high football film you watched last night. No street cred for you sir no matter accurate your comments are. If you don’t think the AAC is on a par with the SEC you are just sadly misinformed. Loser! And I mean that in the nicest way possible just so you don’t think this board is getting a little too rough.

1 Like

Reading is fundamental.

1 Like

And let’s look at that Top 10 team that UT beat. This is why you cannot put much weight into these polls and their voters. It’s mostly based on reputation from prior season (or seasons). If UH had this season so far, they would be lucky to have 1 or 2 votes. UH needs no help to win the AAC West and go to the AAC Championship – just win. They may need help to get to the NY6 bowl game (I am looking at you Boise St / SDSU / Fresno St) but none of that matters if they don’t get to the AAC Championship and win it again.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Absolute joke.

AAC 3 Heisman Candidates and, 3 top 25 teams UCF, USF, CIN, that AAC POWER 6

2 Likes

Interesting that there is only 1 senior. Use to be that it was ALL seniors.

Times change.

1 Like