AP Prediction post-Virginia

Should anyway… I see us at 3.

2 Likes

Why would Virginia still be above us that makes no sense

2 Likes

No way…we move up 3 and Texas stays or even move down.

We should be #3. To think it should be higher and ahead of Bama is ridiculous, but really doesn’t matter. Enjoy the ride as we are about to start another long winning streak.

While we have a better win than they do, which is against them, we also have a worse loss than they do (we lost to Alabama, the only lost to us).

Looking on how far away we were in the polls (they had 19 first place votes last week and we were closer to being ranked #10 in the polls than we were closer to being ranked as high as them) I could see how the votes could shake out where they still are ahead of us.

I disagree, being ranked number one gets us a lot of national press coverage.

I mean, the rats and lockers story isn’t bestowed on teams ranked in the teens are they?

1 Like

I agree rankings do matter. I also agree we can’t afford many loses in our conference. I’d prefer to hit #1 about conference championship time. Only a few opponents left to motivate themselves from it and you enter the tourney with the guaranteed top seeding and hopefully closer to home.

Besides, in the tourney teams are motivated more by survival than knocking off one team.

Good grief- Seth Davis did not move UH up from #8 after beating UVA. If his reasoning for his rankings was somewhat sound, I could live with it- but it’s all over the place. I have no idea what he’s thinking.

4 Likes

Was only a matter of time before he returned to his true form. SMH

6 Likes

What do you expect when some of our fan base don’t think UH should be ranked in the Top 2, smh.

What some of our fanbase thinks should have no bearing on where he ranks us. I’m fine with us not being in the top 2- but not moving up is ridiculous. If you read how he tries to justify his rankings, it really doesn’t hold water. Also, he mentions Beekman not being at 100%, but doesn’t mention how Sasser played against Alabama with stitches and goggles.

7 Likes

7 days after dislocating his left shoulder as well

3 Likes

Hey man… It doesn’t make any sense if he wants to keep us #8 then. Don’t cry to me, cry to him.

He’s thinking he still can’t get over his distaste for Coach Sampson.

1 Like

MRCoog- I wasn’t crying to anybody- sorry if you misunderstood my message. I was simply responding to your point about our fan base. I apologize if I misunderstood your point. Also, I did post in the comments in his Athletic column.

@MRCoog the consensus on this board is we should be #3 in AP. Thats my view as well.

How can we be ahead of UCONN or Purdue? Their resume is better than ours.

Purdue has had some issues of late, but still undefeated. But we’ve had issues as well (Kent State at home)

The floor is yours Senator :wink:

2 Likes

Ted, well, thought out comments in your reply to Seth. Nice job repping.

Now you’ve changed your thoughts. First you brought the fans into it n blamed them for a non Top 2 ranking. Now u back to just blaming Seth. Stick to the latter pls. Btw I think the Coogs should and will be #3. That’s fantastic, 12 gms into the Season.
The 2 undefeated teams should be n stay at the top until they lose. Same as if Coogs were undefeated.

1 Like

We will be #3

1 Like

Thanks @lowbehold