April 10th:Game 3 vs Cinn- 11ctl ESPN+ (L 6-9, 1-2 for the series)

UH puts up 3 in the 1st.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=392529&vislive=hou

3 Likes

Cherry out after 1-1/3. Struggle with control. 2 Wild Pitches, HBP. Cinci with bases loaded, 1 out, bottom of 2nd.

Cinci has bases loaded, one out. We get a comebacker to the pitcher, he bobbles it, they score, bases loaded still. Terrible

1 Like

6-7 in the 5th. UH w 2 errors.

Pathetic fielding bottom of the 4th there. No reason for cincy to be in the lead right now.

3 Likes

Another clunker. Hopefully it’s the weather not the talent.
UTRGV tuesday then Tulane in Htown next weekend.

1 Like

Yep got to carve out a few more wins against our touted OOC schedule.

4 Likes

It’s definitely not the weather… And it’s not the talent either, unless you’re referring to the coaching staff.

Tell me why you pitch a kid with a 10 ERA in a close game you’re trying to win…

It’s explicitly clear what the Coogs’ problem is…

32 games into a 56 game season, and their choking to garbage. The season appears to be over.

Their RPI is 93. No chance at an at-large bid. Only hope is to win the Conference tourney. But they can’t even get a weekend rotation or a bullpen rotation settled. So, I think it’s clear how this is going to play out.

Frustrating as hell…

4 Likes

At least the ladies are coming around…

2 Likes

We knew before the season even started we had very little if any chance to get in the NCAA tournament, looking forward to football season

2 Likes

Sad thing is most of us knew this before the season even started….Any UH baseball fan that actually knows baseball could see the schedule was garbage……really no sure what CTW was doing and why Pez allowed it.

They had to have known that yes they could get some easy wins but no way in hell was it going to give them a high enough RPI for an at-large.

It’s always been conference tourney or nothing….and then let’s say they pull the miracle and get the win and in……they will be the lowest ranked 3 seed or a 4 seed……Besides a couple of homers does anyone really think CTW should get another year?
He should not have had this one honestly.

4 Likes

We just lost 2/3 to UC. There is no reason to think we can win the Conference tourney…I hope I’m wrong…

2 Likes

The next month:
UTRGV, 3 v Tulane, H Baptist, 3 vs Memphis,@ Lamar, 3 @ USF, vs Rice, 3 at WSU, Sam in Sugarland.

Normally I would love our chances but who knows w the way its going.

Argee 100%. On all accounts. I’m pointing out the obvious to underscore the failure of CTW. He knows the schedule is garbage. As far as the at-large bid goes, like we talked about before the season, maybe 40-16 gets you an at-large bid, maybe. If you win all the games you’re supposed to win.

But Whitting consistently chokes precious games with awful coaching decisions… Virtually ending a season halfway through.

And there’s nothing for the students, alumni, and fans to do but watch the train wreck for another month and a half.

3 Likes

Good example of Todd’s terrific knowledge of baseball. Down 3 in the ninth inning with 1 out today, we attempt a double steal. The trail runner is thrown out by 3 feet. I wasn’t a math major, but the tying run was at the plate, not on first base. I had season tickets every year since the stadium opened in the early 90’s-until this year. I can’t stand watching his boneheaded decisions repeatedly. We have options to fix this , but have not chosen to do so.

14 Likes

Yep.

Only thing I can think of is he was doing that to try and stay out of a double play……However, risk of an out just for that reason is pretty dumb……especially in the 9th.

1 Like

I don’t know. Its too clever by half. When you’re down three and two on you have to think those runners are precious. If you think you can bunt your way on to try to get someone else to the plate, that’s still sketchy but it makes sense.

Its conventional baseball wisdom verses Whitting mind tricks. The jedi bull### is about to get us a 110 ranking.

2 Likes

Anyone that has followed the program knows the answer…you really do thank CTW for all he’s done and then beg, borrow and steal to get Sean Allen in here and get a fresh start

3 Likes

Yep it’s time to change coaches this is not acceptable

2 Likes

And according to some, we’ll likely be in the NCAA tournament a mere 2 years after changing coaches. It’s just that simple.