April 10th:Game 3 vs Cinn- 11ctl ESPN+ (L 6-9, 1-2 for the series)

I said it….not sure why you are bringing up now….

I know baseball, and I know if the right hire is made it can absolutely be done.

4 Likes

The right hire could pull it off IMO

1 Like

21-11 looks pretty good.

But then I looked up the RPI and SOS. 90th in RPI and 157th in SOS.

I remember the day when we played brutal schedules and made NCAA tournaments.

Looks like we padded the schedule this year.

3 Likes

in other news, UCF-Memphis was a circus yesterday

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1513243539819352064?s=20&t=jc9YYDDx99icITCCMyAfIA

4 Likes

It was dumb when it happen to Brett and it’s dumb now….Pine tar had NOTHING to do with that HR.

The umps are idiots….it could have been a warning. Did they not realize what they were about to start? Good grief….

If you went and looked at every bat that is being used by college ball players no matter what division you will see pine tar a bit too high….dumb rule to begin with…but like I said if they are going make that call then they could do it to many players/teams.

3 Likes

In theory it can give a bat more pop, a WOOD bat that is. No reason it should make any difference on an aluminum or composite bat. Agreed - dumb rule at this level.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the bench was probably riding him for calls or something and he put that in his back pocket.

I do think its ridiculous and if they are going to call that then call it during the at-bat and send him back for another.

1 Like

The UCF coach got tossed for yelling “Big 12 Rejects” st the Memphis bench.

It’s the “horns down” version of the AAC.

1 Like

I can tell you one thing. After being at our park, watching Cincy, and seeing highlights of Memphis I’m wondering how AAC teams fund their programs. Because it damn sure ain’t ticket sales.

Funk, did you ever go to any UH games when UH was top 15 every year? Our field was rocking all season….Great competition used to come and play in Houston….I feel like an old man telling stories on the porch…… reality is that we are not that far removed….crazy to think about how far we have fallen.

I wasn’t around back then. I went 20 years away from Houston before I came back

Is this real? If so, hilarious.

I honestly forgot that Memphis even had a baseball team.

Just a joke drawing on the “Big 12 Rejects” sign at the basketball game that had people filing papers at The Hague.

3 Likes