April 24: Game 3 vs Memphis - W 7-5 / UH takes series 2-1 / @Lamar (24-16) on tuesday

Memphis 3-6 in the AAC. We need a sweep.

Gotta win em all.

1 Like

Of note:
The Cougars lead the AAC in team batting average (.285), while RHP Ben Sears leads the country in strikeout-to-walk ratio at 30:1. Sears’ 0.24 walks per nine innings also leads the country among qualified pitchers.

2 Likes

6 to 4 in the bottom of the 4th.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=393961

These stats are great for the players, but if it continues to hold til end of season, does this mean that we can’t hire Sean Allen to replace Todd?

9-7 Coogs in bottom 7th. Not a pitching duel for sure

Someone tell me, do we have any legit D1 pitchers outside maybe Sears on this team?

9-7 in ninth

3 Likes

10-9 Memphis in the 9th.

Pollard and those guys know better than me but I thought Medrano was framed as a potential star. Cherry. I really liked Prayer from the first time he pitched his season.

Unbelievable. Two outs and none on and Sears gives up a high chopper infield single, a walk and double to make it 9-8 before giving up a two strike, no ball double to left field.
It is disgusting how bad our pitching staff is.

3 Likes

We are going to lose to freaking Memphis fire Whitting!!! We stink

2 Likes

Damn it mempiss

Gonna be a frustrating season guys. We ain’t making any regionals giving up runs like this in conference. It’s just a free-for-all every game. That’s not the calling card of a champion.

How were we up by six before.

The only bright spot to this mess is that hopefully changes are on the way

5 Likes

Tulimero strikes out on ball three.

Whitting’s office tonight…
hot-in-herre-on-fire

2 Likes

Just not a championship caliber team. Some seasons a different part of your team rises to the occasion every game. This season a different part causes you to lose. Oh well.

It’s all about recruiting

3 Likes