April 24: Game 3 vs Memphis - W 7-5 / UH takes series 2-1 / @Lamar (24-16) on tuesday

Sean Allen should have been brought in after last year…Helen Keller could see the trajectory program was going last couple of years

6 Likes

Maybe but because of the Pandemic stuff I thought he would get another year.
This is the weakest this conference has been in years, and combine that with perhaps the softest OOC schedule in school history and it all makes this crap unacceptable

5 Likes

Middlin teams always lose their pitching at the worst time. Frankly I’m not sure why we carry so many pitchers. They could be getting work elsewhere.

Man Bunn seems to be one or two pitches behind the opponent some games. Although Memphis caught some breaks in that last inning. Sears is a strike thrower. If they’re hitting him we’re toast. Its just that kind of season. Hitfest games decided by the last at bat.

If I were Whitting I would throw every pitcher on the roster in the tourney. Give everyone an inning. Mix it up. Make the opposition adjust every inning. Then hope we keep scoring 8 runs a game.

Then when we eek in the regionals…

Oh #### it! My bong just ran dry!

7 Likes

Medrano was the top guy to start the season……kid has regressed…… but in fairness to him he has bounced back and forth from the rotation to the pen and back……trust me….it sucks.

Remember he had that great start and then a few days later he used him in relief of a close game….this was back when we still had 20 guys that hadn’t pitched……about the same time he started running Cherry out there all the damn time….closer? No how bout starter? Long relief? Who knows…

I do know that since Anderson left the pitching has gone down hill….some of these guys were drafted out of high school or have the stuff to be drafted….

1 Like

Nope…… the damn thing burned to the ground after last season……Pez stood pat.

As some suggested TW does a great job pressing the flesh….recruiting has fallen off, player development is non-existent, and in game management is beyond suspect.

Still burned down….just waiting for clean up.

3 Likes

How much would it cost to bring Coach Anderson back?

2 Likes

Clean up on aisle four!

1 Like

About a :poop: ton……he’s at Tennessee now and they are number one in the country……coincidence?

Talent + Coaching = good times

Their pitching staff……

ERA 2.06
BAA .182
BB. 82
K’s 435

Against top competition

UH pitching staff….

ERA 5.10
BAA .263
BB 126
K’s 315

Against crappy competition

4 Likes

Last night sucked. Back at it for Game 2.
Game 2 at 6:30p ctl.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=393962

3 Likes

Good start by the Coogs. 4-0 after 1. Couldn’t make the game but looks like many others couldn’t either. Tough to continue to support a team that the AD seems to not care about either.

1 Like

I’ve seen Pez three times at games this year. But he’s usually gone by the second inning. Or at least retired out of my view. Maybe he’s keeping his powder dry for the B12. I tend to think we need a head of steam before all that starts. Not sure what his thinking is.

I would like for him to come out and publicly state, “we expect to recruit and play better.”

That would at least let me know he’s watching.

5 Likes

Exactly. The silence is deafening.

1 Like

Need a win- 8 of 9 away after this one. (including Sam H in Sugarland)
@ Lamar. @ USF x3, Rice, @ Wichita x 3, Sam H.

Game 3 stats
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=393963

2 Likes

Just win em all

Top 4th - Error/Hit by pitch/walk = bases loaded for Memphis w no outs.
Ends up just costing them 1 unearned run. Tied at 1.

Waiting for Man Bunn to put Sears in four innings early.

3 Likes

5-1 Coogs T7
Hernandez all 5 RBI’s including a grand slam. :sunglasses:

Thanks Butch……got me!

4 Likes

Dang, we had four men on base? Just goshing ya…

1 Like

5-3 bottom of the seventh…

Up by a 7-3 count with the Coogs still batting. After that loss Friday night I had decided not to watch any more games, but I am a Coogaholic and can’t keep from it…lol

1 Like