Area's top 2018 recruits in a class by themselves

Google Search Link: Area's top 2018 recruits in a class by themselves - Google Search

Albeit early, 11 of the top 15 players from Texas in 247Sports’ Composite rankings - a snapshot of the industry’s general ranking of a recruit - call the Greater Houston area home. That includes the state’s top-ranked recruit in Angleton safety B.J. Foster.

Eight of the top 15 in the state are from Houston in Scout’s rankings, including each of the top five. Alief Taylor receiver Brennan Eagles is Scout’s first 2018 five-star in Texas, too.

Nine of the top 15 in Texas are from Houston, according to Rivals. Lamar cornerback Anthony Cook is the state’s top-ranked name here and in 247Sports’ own rankings.

Pray, any idea how many of those boys are being recruited by Houston?

Not sure; I’ll try to do more research tonight

I’m a little late but did Joe Anderson end up signing with UH? I saw as of yesterday 247 had him committed not signed

Chance he comes in the summer, but has to make grades first.

Houston area’s top Class 2018 recruits (according to 247Sports)

1. B.J. Foster, S, Angleton: Houston has offered, but looks like its between Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, LSU, and TCU

2. Anthony Cook, CB, Lamar: Houston has offered, but looks like its between Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, and TCU

3. Jalen Preston, WR, Manvel: Houston has offered, but looks like its between A&M and LSU

4. Brennan Eagles, WR, Alief Taylor: Houston has offered along with 22 other schools

5. Max Wright, DE, Katy Taylor: Houston has offered, but it looks like he’s going to A&M

6. Jalen Green, CB, Heights: Houston has offered along with 31 other schools

7. Al’vonte Woodard, WR, Lamar: Houston has offered along with 22 other schools

8. Mustapha Muhammad, TE, Ridge Point: Houston has offered, but seems to be leaning towards Clemson, FSU, LSU, Ohio State, and A&M

9. Keondre Coburn, DT, Westfield: AJ Blum’s kid; We’ve offered, but he’s leaning towards A&M and TCU right now

10. Malcolm Epps, TE, Dekaney: Houston has not offered; has 8 offers total

What do you think will be the biggest needs for the upcoming 2018 recruiting class?

WR, TE, OL, LB, DB