Armoni Brooks

Indeed. Those two weren’t Five stars or anything and are in the league… so if you are a top player come here and you will go to NBA.
Should be an easy sell.

1 Like

I wish it was that simple but unfortunately it’s not. Armoni and Nate are undrafted, 2way guys so that doesn’t grab headlines with recruits. Also, school brand name and conference prestige play a lot into it. 85% of the high level TX kids want to play in the big 12.

I understand that… But between them, Dotson and Grimes getting drafted CKS has clearly shown he can develop you and put you in the NBA; all while giving you a shot to compete for a NCAA championship.

1 Like

I agree and hopefully that leads to them keeping the local kids home. I just have been around enough to know a lot of the stuff is superficial. That’s why the transfer portal has been good to the program. The players realize all that glitz and glamor doesn’t matter after they get in college.

1 Like

Speaking of former Cougars, it occurred to me the other day Clyde Drexler was no longer on Rockets telecasts. Does anyone know what happened? Mutual parting ways?

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1383909481868775437

not sure if he actually did start. Has a couple of 3s

Bradley ended up starting instead

He’s 2-2 and they’ve got other guys throwing up bricks. This is the first game I’ve watched this season and they are really bad

1 Like

defense is bad and theyre not even trying.

I’m not sure what happened to Clyde’s spot but Bullard and Ackerman are not much better, in my opinion.

Not according the box score I just looked at.

They’re 50% from the arc. if that stinks I’d hate to see good.

15 pts for Armoni, so far tonight. Career high.

7 Likes

Made 3/3 on 3 pt’ers in 4th Qtr.

2 Likes

Guy is balling!

2 Likes

Armoni is good enough to play in the league now.

1 Like

Finishes w/ 16 pts. 5/6 from 3

3 Likes

Somebody needs to tell Armoni about the Rox plans for Evan Mobley.

1 Like

They’re now 15-42 after beating a 18-39 team. Two dogs fighting over a bone. Yes, you’re right, outstanding basketball

2 Likes

The Rockets woes, is Armoni’s opportunity to shine, and so far he’s making the most of it. Love to see it!

2 Likes