Armoni Brooks

From my understading… Fertitta thought CP3’s deal was the worse in history and was the one that wanted to offload CP3.

2 Likes

The NBA viewership ratings are literally dying on the vine! Nobody watches that garbage anymore…I hope they go under

3 Likes

Fertitta hasn’t been great as an owner.

CP3 is averaging 16 and 9 on one of the best teams in the league.

We unloaded Westbrook after 1 season. In a deal that landed us the worst contract in the league, John Wall. And we are now the worst team in the league. That may not even be able to use our top 5 pick. Because of the terrible deal that Moreau put together.

1 Like

The Westbrook trade was really bad. Harden pushed for it and Tilman ultimately signed off on it with Morey, etc nervous about it. You could make a reasonable case to swap those two guys but the amount of draft consideration we had to give up to do it was way too much. But everyone makes mistakes. The key is to learn from them. Things look bad now but I think Stone is going to get the ship righted and Tilman will do a fine job as owner ultimately and some of the grief he gets online is unwarranted. They’ve made some smart moves since last offseason.

One thing in fairness, though, if CP3 had changed his diet and started to take offseason conditioning seriously one season early he probably would not have been traded.

1 Like

No one is saying that Paul isn’t a great player or that we wouldn’t have liked to keep him. But you make it seem like Westbrook was some scrub. He is a former MVP and nine time all star who is second all time in triple doubles in NBA history. He wasn’t going to come cheap.

Paul was owed roughly $125 million over the final three years of his contract, including a $44.2 million option for 2021-22. Westbrook, was owed $171 million over the final four years of his existing deal. Paul was 34 and Westbrook 30 at the time. Knowing now how Fertitta has operated his organization, they probably wanted to invest the money in a younger player. It didn’t work out but that’s solely because Harden decided to pack his bags and head to Brooklyn. The Rockets went all in for several years because the window was still open. Harden decided it wasn’t worth it anymore and so I firmly believe Westbrook left because of it. If they would have kept CP3, he probably wouldn’t be on the Rockets right now either because he probably would have been traded as well for the rebuild. And yes, They missed out on a top 5 pick but alls well that ends well because it looks like they will get one anyways.

AND at the end of the day, this tweet says it all:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1149484990104608768

Meanwhile, the Texans traded a top 2 receiver in the game for a scrub running back.

1 Like

Why the hell would you hope for a league to go under than employs many of our Cougar brethren?

Weird take

1 Like

So is every other sport outside of the NFL

There’s already an older NBA ratings thread in the satellite. If anyone wants to discuss that, they can bump that thread. Let’s keep it out of this thread we’re using to keep up with our fellow Coog.

EDIT: I guess I’m being somewhat hypocritical since I participated in a derail about the state of the Rockets and that’s more tangentially related to Armoni but NBA ratings and anti-NBA talk could really derail this and get the thread shutdown.

1 Like

I don’t know if you can say Wall’s contract was worse than Westbrook’s. I think I remember them being about the same, and I think Wall is a better player.

That wasn’t even a bad trade yet alone worst ever

I think Westbrook is finally healthy and is doing well in Washington.

1 Like

Mr brooks has 8 points at half. Could be looking at a new nba career high. Go brooks!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1384317895295991809

3 Likes

We’ll see if you still agree when the Rockets are using Miami’s pick in the draft instead of their own.

Wow. Apparently Armoni sucked in the second half. What happened?

Rocketitis

Miami really tightened up their defense in the second half.

He almost started last night’s game. Hopefully he can keep on with this momentum.
https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1383915441039372306

Never wanted any part of Westbrook and even liked him less after seeing him nightly. We gave up a much better PG who also plays defense and threw in a 1 to boot. Yeah the trade was bad.

They have made some great moves to add some talent with Wood, Porter and Tate, and keeping fingers crossed they get to keep their top pick. They need to be in the top 4 I believe to keep it.

He didn’t have a great game last night.

BUT

He started and played 35 minutes!!! That’s incredible to think about in regards to where he began this season.

2 Likes