Army gets left behind in bowls and then Liberty

Any way they could schedule it so UH could play a second bowl game vs Army? With all the games missed that’d be kinda cool.

1 Like

It’s the world of college football today! It’s a mixed up world where losers get rewarded and winners get punished! In the meantime a bunch of schools are going nowhere because they are being written off as “G 5!”

1 Like

UH players have lost enough games this season. Those wanting to give up our slot are going too far.

This is most excellent. Highlights the dregs of the SEC. 2-8 and accepting a bowl bid. Lolololololololololololol

4 Likes

Why give up our slot ? It’s not like we’re 2-8.

I’d bet Army gets in a Bowl due to Covid hitting a program

1 Like

SEC privilege.

Not much different than the social privilege that we’ve heard so much about over the past few years.

3 Likes

I feel sorry for the kids but this is what happens when you are an independent. No conference = no bowl contracts.

5 Likes

Being an independent with no conference tie-in for a bowl obviously worked against Army this season. However, I thought Army had some sort of agreement with ESPN, that if eligible, the team would play in the Independence Bowl for three of the six years, with the remaining years being contracted to another ESPN Events-owned bowl.

As far as Army joining a conference, I haven’t analyzed their strength of schedule since leaving Conference USA in 2004, but it seems they are doing alright as an independent. My understanding is that folks in Annapolis are sort of split on the decision of Navy joining the AAC. Some fans would prefer that Navy pursue the indy route as well, while others understand the benefit of belonging to a competitive conference.

3 Likes

Just like the real world. Those that don’t get rewarded and those that do get taxed . . . . .

3 Likes

I don’t know…2 teams that specialize in illegal chop blocks !!!

4 Likes

Tennessee just dropped out of the Liberty Bowl. Not sure if they tested positive for the virus or illegal recruiting. Looks like Army goes to Memphis

3 Likes

They definitely tested positive for illegal recruiting…lol.

2 Likes

But but but they’re SEC, it’s a cultural thing.

Probably wishful thinking but adding Army, Air Force and BYU would certainly adds some national audience and maybe a couple others like Boise or San Diego St to get to 16. Don’t know if that’s enough to get the American a “power” designation. I think it’s a pipe dream that they’ll ever acknowledge anyone outside of the P5

Army vs W Virginia in Liberty Bow! :+1:

3 Likes

Yea, and we can watch them put 70 points on us.

1 Like

Both

1 Like

Wasn’t Tennessee 3 - 7 this year? Why is SEC putting trash teams in Bowl Games??

1 Like

Conference $$$$$

1 Like

Looks like Army will replace Tennesse, due to COVID concerns, and will play West Virginia in the Liberty Bowl.

7 Likes