Around the AAC

Anyone worried about UCF?

2 Likes

I expect UCF to be good and the likely favorite to play us in the championship game.

3 Likes

I always worry about UCF…

5 Likes

We are going to play them in the AAC championship. They are good.

It wouldn’t surprise me if both teams are undefeated in the CCG.

We need to take UCF to the woodshed a few times, show’em who’s running the show.

5 Likes

thank you for posting. UCF and U of H have two great recruiting areas. This is why the SEC, ACC, old BIG12 have put a veto to get us in. Both schools have amazing potential that yes can rival the top of the top programs. That is how “dangerous” both are.

2 Likes

They are going to be good, and they also have a favorable schedule. Their two P5 games are Louisville and Georgia Tech, neither of which is expected to be a world-beater, in Orlando. They also play Cincinnati and SMU at home. The only games that look like they could be tough tests are at East Carolina and Memphis. Given that our schedule has most all our better opponents on the road, I’m not sure that UCF shouldn’t be the favorite. Definitely UH and UCF 1 and 2 in whatever order.

3 Likes

UH is gonna hammer opponents

1 Like

From what I heard UCF is a “commuter school” in a major city just like UH. We have a lot in common including these boomerang players. These four star and five star local kids that go to a power five school with a massive recruiting class and get buried in the depth chart. Eventually a lack of playing time mixed with home sickness will bring them back home! Cincinnati has had some great transfers but they also get a decent amount of highly ranked recruits as freshmen. I’m hoping we get more kids like Golden, Hunter and Holmes coming right out of high school but even if that doesn’t happen consistently I’m confident we will still land boomerang guys (Sam Brown, Tyler Johnson, Lucas Coley, Brandon Campbell, Jamal Morris, Sam Brown) from the portal, especially now that we are on our way to the Big IX. I’m also taking into account what we have already been able to do with getting three star recruits drafted in the 1st round like Logan Hall and Payton Turner. I remember how great H-Town takeover was and I expect to have that feeling about our recruiting and transfer classes in the near future. The cougars are on the rise!

P.S some of our transfers aren’t from the Houston area but that’s still good for us! :wink:

3 Likes

Memphis/Cinn

2 Likes

" It’s been two weeks since Temple concluded its first spring practice period under Coach Stan Drayton , and the Owls have already seen nearly 10 percent of their scholarship roster hit the transfer portal. Two years into this new era of college football, Temple fans know the drill.

There’s an important difference, however, between the exodus of players over the past two weeks and the shocking volume of departures that occurred after the 2020 season. More than a half-dozen starters exited the program at that point in time, from veteran quarterback Anthony Russo to sure-fire NFL Draft pick Arnold Ebiketie . The guys who just left were clearly pegged as backups heading into the summer."

https://247sports.com/Article/Temple-footballs-transfer-portal-pack-reaches-a-half-dozen-186658834/